Slick Trick shooters

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by TnRidge, Jan 27, 2007.

1. TnRidge

TnRidge Member

Any Slick Trick Shooters on here besides me ? I love em' !

2. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

Love my Rages, also like the montecs, both very good heads. I see NAP came out with their version of the montec, I wonder if their heads have a sharper edge then the montecs had?

3. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

Hey Clover&Oats, see if you can find a G5 sportsmans sharpener, I use it on my b-52s, and really cant say enough good things about it, its awsome... it might work on the montec 3 cut also, dont know for sure..... Its a great unit though.

4. TnRidge

TnRidge Member

Any Slick Trick shooters ?

5. hoyt_hunter007

hoyt_hunter007 Senior Member

hoyt+goldtip+slicktrick=dead deer

yup, i shot the slick tricks starting this year...they did a number on the 8 pt i shot...only shot one deer with them, so i cant give an honest review, but so far i think they are a good head:peace:

6. rut

rut Junior Member

I've shot a few deer with the slick tricks.They are a great head.They fly great and penetrate just as well.I shot this buck on 10.10.06 with a 100 gr. 'trick,it didn't go to far after the hit.

7. TnRidge

TnRidge Member

Just curious . I shot 2 bucks and 4 does with them this past season ,and I'm sold on the excellent flight and durabilty of the heads .
    I just hope the blades are easier to come by and the heads become more readily available this year .

8. QDAWG44

QDAWG44 Junior Member

hey tnridge, do the magnum slicks fly the same as the regular. I know they have alittle bit bigger cutting diameter. Im going to try slick tricks this season ad I am pumped

9. TnRidge

TnRidge Member

They did for me . I used the magnums for hunting deer .

10. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Buddy of mine uses them and loves them. I've never used them personally though. I have dropped 2 deer with Muzzy's and neither one went more then 50 yards

11. Heavyhaul

Heavyhaul Member

The local dealer was telling me that he knows the guy that owns the company that makes Slick Trick. This past year they changed blade makers and the new one did not come through with the blade till I think Nov. He said that he has 3yrs of blades on stock now.

12. hilltophunter

hilltophunter Junior Member

I really like the slick tricks....... IMO they fly like darts and do some efficient work on the game I hunt.... I would be hard pressed to use anything else.

13. sham20

sham20 Junior Member

Slick Tricks

I used Slick Tricks this season for the first time i killed two deer and a turk with them, man do they leave a hole. The first deer i shot with them went about twenty yards and did the "drunken dance" before falling and the other one went about 50 yards. I did have a bit of a problem getting them to fly straight but was probably my bow not being tuned. :peace:

14. dzingale

dzingale Senior Member

the slick tricks are the best.