slipcam GOOD OR BAD???

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by KENFLAHUNTER, May 28, 2007.

1. KENFLAHUNTER

KENFLAHUNTER Guest

OK I am new to the forum. Actually I just found it today and want to run this by other hunters befor using an unproven broadhead. I am a fan of mechanicals and realy like the vortechs I have been using for a few years now. What I realy like is the 2 plus in cut but with this you have to give up some hard quartering shots due to kickout from the blades opening. So while at basspro yesterday I found the Rage slipcam expandables. 2 blade 2 in cut rear deploing broadhead. This is suposed to eleminate the chance of kickout and the blades are suposed to be fully open on contact (2 in entrey wound). I like what I see but do not have any thing to test what I have read unless you count cardboad as a good test.Their web site is www.ragebroadheads.com any and all imput is appriciated.

2. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

I used the three blade rages last year and was amazed at the entrance and exit wounds. The blood trails were awesome, and the heads are pretty tough. I still have the three I used last year, I just had to replace some blades. What amazed me the most was the holes these things produced. I shot a doe quartering away and had a three inch entrance wound. These things are awesome, I am currently trying to get a stock pile of them. They were hard to find once season started last year, every store was sold out of them.

3. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

We had a group of guys shooting the rage heads and everyone loved the results. Great flying and great blood trails.

4. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Rage!

I havent tried the rage, but i am a fan of mechanical's also!
    Ive been using Rocket hammerhead's,sidewinder's & my son use's rocket-xl's
    We havent had a hit of any kind, lost yet in 4 years.
    Major blood trail's & sliceing wound's on the deer!
    If we start haveing any problem's we might try something different like the rage!:biggrin1:
    This is the ROCKET 100gr Hammerhead i use.:peace:

Last edited: May 29, 2007
  5. KENFLAHUNTER

KENFLAHUNTER Guest

Thanks guys I am going to try to get a hog or cyotie this summer just to give me a little more confidence befor deer season opens.

6. thehairlessone!

thehairlessone! Senior Member

I think the design looks very interesting on them.

rick

7. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Like everything in archery its personal preference... let us know how they do when you stick a coyote.

8. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

I didn't use them last year but saw numerous kills with them. I didn't have a single bad report on them. I usually try a few different heads each year. This year, I'm starting with the Rage!

9. slamdam

slamdam Senior Member

I shoot montec G5s right now and am thnking of going to them. I would like my wife to shoot them when we go hog hunting in Aug, but she shoots 42 lbs and I am afraid of the whole penetration issue.

10. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

I also use the shoot the montecs and switched to the rages. Wow. These things are awesome. I do not have one negative thing to say about them. Except the price.:noidea:

11. KENFLAHUNTER

KENFLAHUNTER Guest

I shot off my big fat mouth yesterday at work. :censored: And it almost got me fired :doh: :doh: :doh: but they gave me three days off without pay insted. So what to do with this unplaned vacation? I know try these new broadheads out. I shot at 3 coyotes yesterday afternoon. Damn they are fast but I hammered the last one complete passthrew in the sholder out the ribs he made it 41 steps from whear I hit him. I am sold on rage and will be using them this season for sure!!!

12. 'SIN'ERGY

'SIN'ERGY Senior Member

They are currently recalling some of their broadheads made this year, something wrong with the edge of the blade when closed?? Not sure if it is all the sizes or not. Info should be available on their site. Check it out before ya find out ya got a bad broadhead after ya take a shot a monster!!

13. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Rage!

So another Gimmic broadhead that wont work properly!
    I try to tell them but they wont listen to an old fart!:laugh:
    Go>> ROCKETS<<:rockon:

14. KENFLAHUNTER

KENFLAHUNTER Guest

The recall is on the three blade modles go to thier websight to see if you have the recall modle. www.ragebroadheads.com And as for the old fart comment. I have found that the best way to train a puppy is to run it with the OLD DOGS. And in the end the pup may hunt a litle difrentley but it has learned enough from the OLD DOG to do the job.:D