Smooth mods for Bowtech Tribute

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Southernfryedyankee, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Southernfryedyankee

Southernfryedyankee Senior Member

Where can I get smooth mods for my tribute. I love the speed but hate the hump. Sometimes the hump alone makes my arrow hop off my rest. Will a smooth mod setup be bad for hunting.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2007
  2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

are you shooting w/ a string loop?

3. Southernfryedyankee

YES SIR, I have to write more my reply was to short HAHAHA

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

if your arrow is bouncing then either the loop to close together or you are yankin that thing back real fast......:noidea:

5. Southernfryedyankee

I pull back smooth and silky but that hump is a P.I.T.A can I use the smooth mods when hunting? Will it make a tremendous difference?

6. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

There should not be a hump in the tribute. I would have someone check the timing.

7. Southernfryedyankee

maybe hump is the wrong word. its smooth as silk when firing its just that little extra ooomph on the draw.

8. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Yep thats a dual cam bow for ya. I believe the tribute is a great bow but still has that dual cam feel. Have specs checked out but you will probably just have to get used to it. Or you could buy a single cam slow bow.:noidea:

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

yup so slow you get to watch the arrow go right thru the X:noidea:

10. Southernfryedyankee

So then whats the difference between the fast mods and the smooth mods? I mean how much smoother can the bow get. My fast mods are smooth until the area right before, what I believe is called the "valley"? What are the smooth mods for? They have to make some kind of difference.

11. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I have not shot the fast mods. But the smooth mods still had that I was not comfortable with. Some people really like the feeling but I am not one of them. I would say the smooth mods would be better than the fast mods though.:noidea:

12. Southernfryedyankee

If you look torwards the bottom of this page
    http://www.huntersfriend.com/2007-Bowtech-Bows/2007-Bowtech-Allegiance-compound-bow.htm

you will see the difference on the chart between the 2 mods the green line (fast mod) looks like it has that I just fell off a cliff feeling
    and the blue line (smooth mod) looks like a skier that just fell and rolled down a steadily declining hill comfortably but didnt get injured.

I really hope that made sense