Snow, Snow and oh ya, more snow

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Chris, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Wow, are we getting hammered up here. It started last night and it's still coming down. They are saying 12-16" now in total by the time it's done.

I'm going to try to make into work. Good thing I got 4wheel drive and yep it's got a HEMI :biggrin1:

2. NerdHick

NerdHick New Member

Where ya at?

Where ever you are, keep the snow!!! Its been fog and rain here, even had a thunderstorm yesterday!

3. Dens228

Dens228 Senior Member

We got lucky by me so far. It was supposed to start here last night but so far it's been mostly rain. I'm straight east of you Chris. I'm sure it will be here soon.

4. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Slippy for President!

I would rather have snow than those tornadoes that we had last night.

That was one heckuva storm. :censored:

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

yeah it was 34 degrees and thunder AND LIGHTNING yestarday.......

the first flash i thought, man what was that, the second I acctually saw........

6. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

I saw the tornados on the news this morning... you people are in our prayers.

7. archeryisme

archeryisme Old and Experienced

snow

Hey Chris this is Steve. I live in Dixon and work in Rockford. Nice drive this morning:censored: . And without 4 wheel drive. Actually is wasn't too slick just a lot of slushy stuff on the roads. We had a lot more wind than there is here in Rockford. I talked to the state highway and they said Lee county was getting lots of wind. It started about 10 last night. It seemed to be about 25-30 miles an hour when I left the house this morning. I hope this stuff quits before I head home tonight.

8. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Yeah, I'm in Rock Island and do contract work in dowtown Chicago.
    No way was I going to travel today...

Good luck and be safe driving back...

Ron

9. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

We finally have blue skies and no wind :peace:

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

so get shooting girly

11. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

I am getting the kids dressed right now :p

12. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

Yep, snow, snow everywhere. This is the fourth day the district I work at has canceled school. We were suppose to get out in May, now I think we will be in school all of June the way things have been going.

13. dzingale

dzingale Senior Member

I have not even seen any snow out here on LI

14. Radar

Radar Story of my life

Ya its coming down pretty hard right now! My wife didnt have to go into work today.....she keeps calling me telling me to come home but I'm too busy today to leave early, the guy that works with me didnt come in today:censored: :censored: :frusty:

15. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

Lets see some pics of the falling snow. Here's what my road looked like this morning.

16. BuckeyeRed

BuckeyeRed Super Member

Just talked to my Grandpa at noon and he said they already have 15" or so in Apple River, IL. :p

We've been lucky so far, we were on the Southern tip of the front.

Sister-inlaw lives in Carbondale, IL. It was blizzard and cold here, and it was Tornados and monsoons down there.

Illinois is one messed up state when it comes to weather :dizzy:

17. J-Daddy

J-Daddy Do Work!

Iowa

Yeah we've gotta little of the white stuff on the ground here in Iowa too...
    It's kinda funny, I live in kinda the northern half of Iowa and we get less snow than the southern half. We got about 3" yesterday and the southern part got like 15". Monday we got a little skiff of ice and the southern part got 12" of snow "Yes they have over 2 foot of snow in the past 2 days"....You'd think being as far north as I am we'd be getting all the big snows but they seem to be staying south of us.

18. MichiganHunter

MichiganHunter Senior Member

wow.... thats alot of water there tnts79!!!

19. Shortshaft

Shortshaft Member

Been getting drowned here for days and now it is supposed to turn to ice then snow. :doh: Makes it hard to go ice drinking when it's like this!

20. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

What is ice drinking :noidea: