So you go to a new club to shoot a 3D course...

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by BUNNYMAN, Apr 6, 2008.

1. YES, EVER CLUB SHOULD DO IT

55.6%
  2. NO, ITS NOT NEEDED

3.7%
  3. YES, IT WOULD BE NICE

40.7%
  4. NO, (insert reason)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Said club has a course that has a mix of WALK THRU and WALK back targets....

would it be nice to have some way of knowing if certain targets are walk thru??

Do you think IT SHOULD BE AN UNWRITTEN RULE??

2. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I like to see some kind of a warning as to whether or not I need to take my bow to the target...:noidea:

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Please vote if you would.....:laugh:

4. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

I voted yes not for convienence but for safety.... If a person needs to pull and return instead of walking thru to the next target then they need to specify that.... Even with ropes up and stuff we still have people walk under the ropes to take a short cut...:noidea:

5. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

It would be nice, especially since I usually take scores and have to hold my bow at the same time. :p

6. NerdHick

NerdHick New Member

Even same clubs with new course should do something...its a pain when you have to go back after a bow...

7. J.C.

J.C. New Member

put it down....:noidea:

8. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

Not all clubs have hangers everywhere :doh:

9. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I just lean mine against a tree.....:peace:

10. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

You need to get a Quick Stand.............

11. Maybee-R

Maybee-R Member

You dont have to have the course inspected? we do by some guy from the state or are Insurance wont cover us. Its pretty simple to flag off a course and put up a stake in the ground that says( Pull and return) then the normal assumption is to fallow the flagging to the next shoot stake from the last target. all courses should do this.

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

yeah around here, there is no inspection.....we just want people to show and shoot:noidea:

13. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

3-D course design isn't exactly rocket science so lets not make it out to be so Bunny. But I agree 100% safety is important.

14. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

It's pretty simple. Our club puts a return plate on top of the number plate. If there's no sign take your stuff with you! :noidea: :dizzy:

15. chuck7413

chuck7413 Senior Member

Same here. At my club all return to stake targets are labeled "Shoot and Return."

16. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I was simply getting an idea for what the public feels is a good thing......but thanks.....

from now on if I want any info out of you I will ask the wind gods to get you for me....:noidea:

17. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

We use paper plates at our shoots. When ever I am responsible for plating the course, I do it to make it simple enough for even the dumbest archer to follow.

Shoot and returns get a plate next to the number plate. Arrows are placed near the target if it is a shoot and continue. All side trails are roped off.

I know I get irked when I'm walking to the next target and can't find it.

18. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Glad you mentioned that, I wasnt planning on Slippy being here for the shoot, but now I will prepare......:noidea:

19. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

Between you and morgan, I don't know if you guys should be allowed to ask for people's opinions if you are going to get all snappy back. I thought I was nice about it. Sorry.

20. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

When I first started shooting I went to a 3D shoot that had very poor markings. I was standing on number 8 marker and shot number 9 target.:doh: Worst 57 yard brush shot at a deer I ve ever made. Right after my buddy shot his arrow I noticed the pig in a bush pile 25 yards in the other direction.:doh:
    That had to be the worst 3D set up range in history.

So yes the more markers the better....