Someone tell me

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Liv2Bowhunt, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Liv2Bowhunt

Liv2Bowhunt Senior Member

I have a Mathews SQ2, I have it since new and I have no intention of giving it up, I shoot the new one out every year and they are all nice. I have never shot or even held a bowtech. Has anyone shot both? I am wondering about how much vibration the Botech really has compared to a Mathews. honest unbias appreciated, i know these bows can be like wearing gang colors.......lol:tea:

2. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member

Shoot your SQ2 for a few shots, then immadiatly shoot the Guardian. You will immiadatly feel the difference.

Yes, I own Mathews and BT bows.:D

3. J.C.

J.C. New Member

The SQ2 is a nice bow, but the newest high end bows, The Mathews Drenalin, The Bowtech Guardian, and the Hoyt Vectrix are just ridiculous when it comes to handshock. They have none.

4. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

I shot the Top line Mathews for 6 years. I never had a minutes trouble with any of them and they are a top Quality bow, but then I shot my 1st Bowtech and have never looked back. Do like Cameron says and go shoot the Guardian. A couple of my Buddies that still shoot Mathews shot my Guardian and were amazed:cool:

Dan

5. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

I use to shoot matthews but switched because the fat grip gave me a lot of troubles. I now shoot hoyt. But in my opinion the guardian had the least amount of vibration and noise then the new drenalin and vectrix. That is even with nothing on it like stablizers or limb savers. I can't wait to see what bowtech comes out with this year. I might make another switch. But I am in love with my vectrix xl.

6. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I've shot Bowtech and Mathews.

The draw on the Mathews is smoother with no real valley the bowtech definately has a valley. Personally i like both but have definately gone towards the "darkside" The super smooth draw has won me over.

My bowtech has been sitting around unusued for a while now because of my Ovation (and now its sitting around with a broken limb). I haven't shot the Commander or Guardian yet, try finding them in LH haha good luck.

Both bows are great bows. Its just a matter of what you feel more comfortable with. For me its the smooth draw of the Mathews

oh yeah - and my local Mathews dealer is great and my local bowtech dealers all suck

7. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

I use to shoot PSE and hoyt after I reluctantly shot the bow tec I switched and have no intention of switching. But try all of the bows out youcan and shoot what feels good to you.

8. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

gotta agree. I don't like the Mathews grips! I have a Shrewd on my Ovation and I'll probably be shooting off the riser if I can with my next bow

9. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I have an Allegiance and an Ovation. I like them both but for different reasons and purposes. In shooting a Guardian against a '07 SB XT and an '07 Allegiance, I thought the Guardian had less shock of the three. I also thought the Guardian had less shock than my '06 Allegiance and possibly my Ovation but that Ovation is decked out and weighs quite a bit so the mass absorbs quite a bit of shock... That's kind of comparing apples to oranges...

I agree with dred too on the Mathews grip... I'm actually working on getting the old grip off right now, as we speak, and I'm going to try shooting off the riser. If not working well because of the change in the angle of my palm/wrist, Shrewd grip will go on it... At least I'll have the old grrip off it...

I have a Shrewd on my Allegiance (I have an '06 model, which was 1 piece and thicker than the '07 version's 2 piece grip, where your palm is actually on the riser itself). Shrewd makes a nice peice.

Ron

10. Liv2Bowhunt

Liv2Bowhunt Senior Member

Thanks for the input, I Love my mathews and at this point the only reason i would swithch is because the dealer here is a total arse.:tape: too many reasons to name, but he referrs to himself as the bow nazzi and even has t-shirts attesting to it. i think they went to his head. I will check out a bowtech next chance i get.

11. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Finding and working with a dealer who supportes their customers is pretty important. I found that out the hard way...

Bow Nazi ? Sounds like a direct decendent from Hitler Youth... :tape: :lol:
    He probably has a Adolph Hitler signed version of "Mein-Kamph" sitting on his night stand... :bowl:

Good luck !

Ron

12. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

nah, he has the Mathews price guide sitting on his night stand.

13. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

:laugh:

Ron