Sorry for this but I have to vent

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by QSA, Sep 30, 2007.

1. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

Got started with the 700 stand run. Stared grinding the sharp edges off the ends. Some thing just did not feel right about the steel rods. Then I started finding some bend. Anywy I bend some to see what was wrong. It did not bend like the steel I was using. So I stop working with it and call a steel fab guy I know. I told him what it looked like and he seen the steel I use the last time. He said I was using cold roll rods and they sold me hot rolled rods.
    Boy 650 dollars pissed away. To use this steel I will have to buy a sand blaster before I work with it and a aircompressor.
    Maybe later but I do not have the time now. So if they do not make it right then I will have to buy more until I have time to clean the mil scale off.
    Anyone know a easy way to do it? The guy at Steel Mart said I did not way cold roll, that it would break when bent. SOB I hope they make it right.
    Thanks for listening.

2. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

A bummer fer sure QSA
    It's good ta have a palce ya got a shoulder ta cry on:Cry: :Cry: :Cry:

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

nothings worse than a liar....they were probably out of the other stuff.....

4. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Hey got a novel idea
    amybe ya could make em some bonnets by wrappin em round thier heads

Whoops thats tha BC life comin' out.

5. QSA

Well I just read a lot on the net. If they do not make it right. Then I will order the cold roll from the first place I was buying from.
    I read that the mill scale can be removed but it will take a while to do it. I will have to buy 8 gallons of vinger to soak it in. But I do not have the time now. Well I have the money to buy the right steel if I have to. But it will leave me a little short on powder coating untill I sell some more stands to dealers. But I can spray them with WD-40 to keep them from getting surface rust. It will work out one way or the other

6. QSA

Far from crying, maybe be fighting mad. lol

7. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

why not send them back and demand cold rolled?

8. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

Dont you hate it when you dont get what you ordered.:frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

9. beenfarr

beenfarr Senior Member

I feel your pain QSA, I deal with that stuff all of the time. From ordering cord, to buying leather, to having the leather die cut, to crappy quality grommets...it never ends!!! :censored: :doh:

Ben

10. QSA

Well good and bad news. They said they would sel me the cold rol for the same price. So I told them I would keep the hot roll and sand blast it late.
    Any way they had to eat over 500 dollars on the deal. They give .30 per foot and sold it to me for .21 per foot.
    It will be delivered friday

11. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Glad you got it straightened out...CRS will bend fine it just takes alittle more muscle to do it...The HRS...the easiest way to descale it is to sandblast it...i have never tried the vinegar trick but have heard it works...:noidea:

12. QSA

I usely buy tools to build the stands and other items I am working on with the money we make from sells. So I hope this time to get a used screw compressor or a new 2 stage compresso and a blasting cabinet. I was hoping to have the cash to get a used mendrel bender for the next thing I want to build. But it will have to wait.