Southern New England Known Distance Triple Crown

Discussion in 'New Contest Announcements and Winners' started by CTHunter, May 6, 2018.

1. yes

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. no

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. CTHunter

CTHunter New Member

1st Leg of Triple Crown July 7th and 8th

Hosted by: Marlboro Fish & Game Association
    1 Muddy Ln, Marlborough, MA, 01752

For Tournament Information Contact: Matt O’Leary 774 278 0697 or E-mail: mdo1269@yahoo.com

2nd Leg of Triple Crown July 21st and 22nd

Hosted by: Ashaway Sportsmen’s Club
    One Gun Rd, Ashaway, RI, 01752

For Tournament Information Contact: Paul Johnson at 401-451-8565 or E-mail: pwjohnson62@icloud.com

3rd Leg of Triple Crown Aug 25th and 26th

Hosted by: The Snake Meadow Club
    561 Snake Meadow Rd, Moosup, CT, 06354

For Tournament Information Contact: Nate Kight 860 230 6289 or E-mail: nate.kight@yahoo.com KDTC Buckles.jpg

Attached Files:

2. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

I think the unknown distances are more fun; but then again I liked the shoot between these 2 trees and only the 8 and in area is clear or shoot through the hole in this blind kind of shots as well.

However my experience is the serious money shooters don't like the "garbage" shots so much.

3. CTHunter

CTHunter New Member

I am the coordinator of these events. I like wide open shots where the entire target is visible. I call them bowling alley shots, wide lanes with no obstructions.

I will recommend this philosophy with the clubs when they set them up, but I can only make recommendations.

I have hosted over a dozen CT IBO State Championships, and several Northeast Tournament Archers Association (NETAA) Triple Crown events. I know how to host an event, but you would have to shoot it to evaluate whether it is a garbage tournament.

4. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

By garbage shots I mean those that are not straight on/wide open.