Speed limits@tourneys

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by BuckeyeRed, Feb 11, 2008.

1. BuckeyeRed

BuckeyeRed Super Member

So who's shooting over 280fps@ tourneys?

What's the penalty for going over the 3% variation? :noidea: You just don't qualify for awards or invitationals?

2. 'SIN'ERGY

'SIN'ERGY Senior Member

Dpends on what you are shooting in,, IBO has no speed limit.

3. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

I'm a little over 300 fps but I don't plan on shooting in any big tourneys.

4. BuckeyeRed

BuckeyeRed Super Member

So am I, about 303. W/ the Linecutters I have now, I'd have to add 70 grains to the front and lower my weight 2# just to get w/ in the 3%.

I wish they would just make another class if they don't want want to raise the speed limit.

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

are you shooting ASA or IBO??

6. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member

Michigan ASA now has an Outlaw division!!!!:rockon:

7. BuckeyeRed

BuckeyeRed Super Member

Generally all the shoots around here are Club rules. Clubs differ, some recognize IBO scoring/rules and other ASA.

8. CSS Shooter

CSS Shooter Senior Member

ASA is 280 plus 3% and IBO is 5 Grains per pound and shoot what the speed is or declare 280. At the ASA shoots if you are caught you will be disqualified. They do spring a supprise Chronograph in here and there. And someone can file a grivence if they think you are to fast and have you chronographed but they have to pay a fee. If it is founded they get their fee back if they are wrong they lose their money. I would not run my speed right at the limit of the 3% either. I run no faster than 284 just in case some thing changes on the bow. Hope this helps.

9. rpford53

rpford53 Member

I have one bow set up just for the speed limit shoots, on the other shoot I am shoot 322 fps.