spot hogg sight on Matthews Switchback XT

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by ambush96, Jun 26, 2007.

1. ambush96

ambush96 Junior Member

I have a switchback xt with a spot hogg sight. I have been shooting with this sight for the last couple of days, and have made several adjustments. I consistantly have my arrows hitting to the right of the bull. The elevation is fine, just the windage is off. What could I be doing wrong?

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

move it farther to the right......:noidea: :noidea:

3. MO.HICK

MO.HICK Senior Member

Are you tourking your bow. As you can see i cant spell:doh: . Are you grabbing your bow at the shot. I have a problem with this on targets. When I do it my arrow will go to the left everytime. Just try to pay close attention to everything that you do on each shot. And like bowman move your pin to the right.

Mo.Hick

4. red44

red44 Senior Member

I know when I use sideways pins, like on my spothogg I find myself hitting to the right sometimes too. I think I just don't like blocking the dot with the pin. If I force myself to keep the dot covered the shot hits it. With a vertical pin I use a 6 o-clock hold for the same reason, I like to see the dot apparently.
    Is this a new sight to you, what were you using before?

5. davisxtremmarine

davisxtremmarine Junior Member

Well like the last post you could be holding the pin just to the right of the spot. Then you could look at you anchor point some peope tend to move their anchor point to the side of the chin. I would bet your pulling your pin off target though I do it to see the spot sometimes its a habit thats hard to break :decision:

6. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Windage!

Dont squeeze the grip at the shot!:biggrin1: