Spot Hogg Whammy Rest...

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Skewtir, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Skewtir

Skewtir New Member

Have any of you had a problem with the prongs on your Spot Hogg Whammy (i.e. prongs not keeping arrow up, hitting riser, launcher arm not staying up regardless of how much you tighten them)? If so, what did you do to correct it?

2. Oregon Archer

Oregon Archer New Member

Send it back to Spot Hogg and they will fix it for you. They have great customer service.

Ive had two Whammy's in the past. Neither one would get complete fletching clearance. That or it just wouldnt drop. Not sure if they changed the springs in them or not since they first came out but i know that was an issue alot of them had back then.

3. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

I have one on my target bow and have had zero problems...:noidea: :noidea:

4. rdnkgrl_robinhood

rdnkgrl_robinhood Senior Member

I just got one last week and got it installed and everything the only problem I have it that my feathers are not clearing in time. My feathers are starting to look kind of weathered. I really like the concept of this rest, but if it is not really clearing the fletchings that has to mean that I am getting some interferance which is what I trying to avoid with this new rest. I am however using this on a target bow, but 2312 cobalt arrows, maybe the arrows are too big, too heavy, and too slow to get completely cleared by the speed of the rest.
    I dont know.. what do you think?

rdnkgrl_robinhood

5. Scrotang

Scrotang Junior Member

Ok first off what type of prongs are on it. I they are the prongs that have the slight curve to them shoot spot hogg an email and ask for the old style prongs. If you have the straight ones then make sure you have the timing right as per their installation video. I was having problems with mine before i got the old style prongs. I got 2 nice dents in my riser from the curved prongs. once i got the new prongs no clearance issues even with FOBs and no tuning issues. Hit me back if you need more help.

6. rdnkgrl_robinhood

You wouldnt happen to have a link up to that video would you?

TY

rdnkgrl_robinhood

7. Scrotang

Scrotang Junior Member

just go to spot-hogg.com

8. rdnkgrl_robinhood

Hey there.. I watched the video.. Got it fine tuned and now it is working great. I also thought I might add that if after you fine tune everything if you are still getting fletching interference that SpotHog says you can shoot **** vain up for better results. My tuning worked fine so I am still shooting **** vain down.

Anyway just thought I would mention that the video was very helpful.

rdnkgrl_robinhood

9. Scrotang

Scrotang Junior Member

cool glad i could help. I also shoot c ock vane down but now that i'm shooting fobs I don't worry about that.

10. Skewtir

Skewtir New Member

Hey, thanks for the input! All is good now...thought I was going to have to try the Ultra-Rest Pro Series HD....

Thanks again :)