Spot Hogg Whammy rest

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Captain19, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Captain19

Captain19 Grim Reaper of the Foam

I saw the vidoe of the Spot Hogg Whammy Rest. Seems like it actually works. Stays up longer to support your arrow longer and yet drops away for complete fletch clearance. Anybody use one or have one? Curious to hear what you think about it.

2. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

I shot one during indoor league last winter it was a decent rest and worked well. I traded mine to a Hippie...:laugh: :laugh: I was shooting it on a 50lb bow with a 28" draw length ant about 245-250 fps. I didn't have any clearance problem with the rest however I have since went back to the old GKF with a lizzard tongue on my 3d bow and I am happy with it. I am kinda old school and I like simplicity as much as possible. I would say if you want to shoot a dropaway to hunt with it's a good choice, for targets the jury is still out....:noidea:

3. Captain19

I spoke to 5 people who have one. I called a few archery shops and got names. I am ruthless in my pursuit of information :decision: Everyone I spoke to says they are great and have had no problem and find them to be very accurate. They all said the microadjust is agreat feature. I am thinking I might get one. Unless anyone objects due to there experience!!!!!!

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I think you should get one, that way I can play with it a little and see what they are like!!
    :lol:

did the BOW come today??:noidea:

5. Captain19

Tomorrow.....takes three days to get there from NY but it takes 4 to ship back. Mathews gave me the tracking # and it says it's due to arrive tomorrow at my job. I have located a "Whammy rest" and will be driving there to get it tomorrow after work. It's in Middleburgh. The shop I am getting it from says he uses it and loves it. He is gonna put it on and set it up. He says he is quite familiar with them cause he sells a fair amount of them.

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Strack Archery??

what time you going??

7. Captain19

Wow your good every once in awhile. Leaving from Work around 4 if you want to go you can let me know where to get ya and when ...Just not to much later than 5 please

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

forget it, I dont get done till 6:00....let me know about the shop, I have heard MIXED REVIEWS:noidea:

9. Captain19

Well can ya leave a Half hour early??????. His shop is open till 8. I just wanna give him enough time to get this thing squared away.

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Nah, you go.....I can go cut a load of wood tomorow night!

11. Captain19

OK.....but ya know ya wanna go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And you can cut would on Saturday. I wil show up to your work 20 at 5:30 and tell your boss you have to go cause I need help loading the Supplies for the abandoned childrens shelter that's broke and nearing closure if we dont get them the stuff they need.....................Oh yeah he could'nt say no to that:biggrin1:

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I would but, thanks for the invite, but no thanks..............

13. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I work on Saturday's:wave:

14. Captain19

So choppa da wood on Saturday after work. I would'nt mind if you went it gives me someone to talk to, better than zonig out driving by yourself. But it's your call. Just remember this may be the only chance I will ever do anything for you. Are ya sure ya wanna blow the oppurtunity. :lol:

15. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

yeah Marie has a meeting and I need to be home for Brooke, I was just told....:lol:

16. Captain19

Well the boss has spoken.......Thats why I like being un-wed. Well maybe some other time. I will give you a full report about the place though.

17. Scrotang

Scrotang Junior Member

so; what do you think of your
    whammy?

18. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

He is at the IBO WORLDS, and wont be able to answer for a bit........:rockon: