Spot Hog's lens,

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by MagnifiedFur, Aug 28, 2008.

1. MagnifiedFur

MagnifiedFur Team 6

Anyone using it?

If so how do you like it and what power do you have?

Thanks for the reply...

2. fstgstdsmpay

fstgstdsmpay Adam of Archery Outfitter

Yeah I have used spot hogg lenses, and there fine I would put them up there iwth my zesis lenses as far as quality. I have used the 4 power which was great with the naked eye. and I also had the 6 power which I need a clarifer for. I used them on my Hogg-it, and on my hoggernaught. What application did you want to use it for ie: hunting or 3D os something like that

3. majorleaguedobberman

majorleaguedobberman New Member

you could use a lens for hunting?
    i have never used one so i just dont know, i would worry about it fogging up or what about if it got wet? rain or dew? would you still be able to see through them?

4. MagnifiedFur

MagnifiedFur Team 6

I shoot alot of 3-D but last season i used a old indoor scope on my hunting bow...I hunt really thick areas so i did not need to worry about a longer shot than 20 yrds,,"I know i did not have to use it,I just wanted to try something different",to be very honest, I loved it...This season I am hunting a wet land area at my work,I need to see a little better and be able to take a longer shot,I am setting up 5 yrds deep in a huge thicket...Its so thick I have absolutley no shot behind me,I will just have the edges of the woods to the wet-land area,which is about 150 yrds oval shaped...

I seen their lens and I have a Hog-It,all i really need is some input and if people like it on their bow etc etc...I figure I could also use it shooting 3-D...

5. MagnifiedFur

MagnifiedFur Team 6

Major,,,its just like looking through a rifle scope to me...If they get damp or fogged up,just wipe em clear...I did not get to use mine in freezing weather so that might have a different affect...