stabelizers

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by honas33, Aug 28, 2008.

1. honas33

honas33 New Member

i have a new hoyt vextrix plus and i have been shooting it for about 2 months. right now i dont have a stabelizer on it and i am shooting fairly tight patterns with it. can anyone tell me if it would be worth buying a stabelizer for it where it would tighten up my pattern or do you think it will make that much of a difference where it isnt worth even getting a stabelizer for it. and if you do think that i need a stbelizer is there one that is better then the other??

Thanks to anyone who helps me out

2. duckslayer870

duckslayer870 New Member

the Sims s coil is agreat Stab. for the money 17.99 -20.00 at wall mart. It will help with felt vibration amd will help tighten your groups plus it is fairly short and will fit in most bow cases without having to take it off.:peace:

3. PA.JAY

PA.JAY New Member

just get a doinker $20.00 tops . looks naked without one . it will also take some noise & vibration out.

4. swintj1

swintj1 Senior Member

I have the Hoyt Stabilizer on my Vectrix, and it works great, although it is expensive. If you could find one online, I think it is great because it weighs a bit more than most that are 6" (8oz) so that helps stabilize things a bit better.

I think when you're talking about 6" stabilizers though, most will act the same. Just make sure it has some weight to it. It does you no good to get a 3oz shorty...get something with some mass and some dampening abilities.

Just my opinion.

5. red44

red44 Senior Member

There is a difference between a motion stabalizer and sound reduction.
    If sound reduction is all your after, lenth don't matter, but material and weight do.. But if you want to see what accuracy potential it has, go long. Middle of the road is a 10-12" with some sound reduction and weight on the end.

6. Raul G

Raul G the long Caribou

stabilizer

red44, I am a rookie. The older Bear magnum bow 44" (very much like my present 2008 44" Reflex Caribou) was fitted with a 10" stab fairly heavy. I have shot with this for a while, and a couple of months ago I took it off as an experiment and I actually felt improvement in my shot groupings at 20 yards and no real increased felt vibration or noise. Is this normal? A friend said to hunt without it. In a sense that seems logical to carry almost a pound less with me and remove the possible interference of that protruding stab in the brush and grass. Any thoughts? My new Reflex has a much shorter doinker, but probably I won't tinker with it until I have got my pins and shooting "down" on this bow. I am learning all the time, sorry for my ignorance.

7. red44

red44 Senior Member

If you shoot better without it, go without it. I don't walk/hunt. Just from a tree-stand. My 18" stabalizer sticks out no further than the arrow at brace. I never found a reasonable lenth stabalizer to be a hindrence in a tree stand. Bottom line, go with whatever your most comfortable and efective with. How can anyone argue against that.

8. Raul G

Raul G the long Caribou

stab

Thanks for the advice. I just wish we had an archery range/club close by, the nearest one is 20 miles or so. I have a layered foam target block but limited yard space.