Stability

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Alex, Feb 15, 2007.

1. Alex

Alex Member

My bow has 80% let-off and it seems like its harder to hold steady compared to my old 65% let-off bow. I need some tips on how to get better at this.and my draw length is 26 inches and it feels just a tad long like quarter inch to long and its a mathews and i dont want to have to order a new cam so what should i do?

2. diamond-vic.

diamond-vic. Senior Member

try a shorter release, like a thumb release or a realy short strap

3. Alex

Alex Member

alright thanks.

4. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

What bow are you shooting? If your draw length is too long, you will not be as stable as if it was the right length.

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

you have read his signature right???:noidea: :noidea:

6. Chris

:doh: nope didn't even notice the signature. I wonder if he has a 26" cam on the bow and it's drawing long. Need to put a draw check arrow on it.

7. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

You can also untwist your string or cable and probably shorten your draw 1/4". This would not be the recomended technique as it would put your bow a little out of spec, but it is cheaper than a $65 cam.

Make sure your D-loop isn't an inch long either.:peace:

8. Chris

He's shooting a switchback. Lengthing the string not work for shortening the draw. Lengthing the cable will work though. The cam will be a little under rotated (or over depending on how you look at it) but I would not sweat it on a Mathews. Get the draw length right. The bow will still shoot fine.

9. Alex

Alex Member

its no thtat big of a d loop its a pretty small one i am gonna wait till i get home and try my little goose deluxe release and if that doesnt help i am gonna try a friends carter release since im looking to buy one anyways.

10. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I am not as steady with my 80% either but after awhile I have gotten somewhat used to it. As far as the DL I would get the correct cam and make sure my bow was in specs. Check with your dealer sometimes they will do a cam trade for you. If the DL is too long this will cause stability problems.