Stabilizer question

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by SinGin, Jul 19, 2007.

1. SinGin

SinGin Banned

O.K. guys, what is the best way to decide what is a good lenght for a stab and V-bars without having a whole bunch of sets laying around to try out. I would like to get a set form Jim Posten but don't have a clue what size to order. Any Help?

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

the question is too broad......narrow it down some....

hunter class....open class....ibo..... asa......local clubs....

I like a longer stabilizer, the longer the stabilizer, the more it tends to do its job, for me anyway:rockon:

3. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Your aren't just compensating for something are ya????:noidea:

Answer your PM's...:mad:

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I am at work and can only type short responces.....I have an idea for what your asking.....but need time to type it out...

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

YES...................:tape:

6. SinGin

SinGin Banned

Alright you two lovebirds back to my question. It will be for shooting spots between 20 yards and 90 meters. Does that help any? Now back to the love fest:peace:

7. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

Mine is 30"....I don't know if that is what you would like though. How heavy do you want it? Jim can help you pick one out!

8. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member

I use a 28 for spots, and an 18 for 3D. 10 inch rear bars currently for both.

9. jimposten

jimposten Senior Member

There are a ton of factors, Call me I will do my best to help. 517-403-9936

JIM

10. chelleo

chelleo Senior Member

I'm using a Posten 24" front bar and 2 8" side bars. I just got today infact the Shibuya v-bar which lets you angle the rear stabs downward and they are quick disconnects by just turning them and popping them out. I havn't tried that part yet but it looks like a pretty neat deal. As for the stabs though it is as the others said a personal preference, I believe a light weight stab but weight on the ends will be what you probably want to do.

11. SinGin

SinGin Banned

O.K. Jim, I'll give you a call first chance I get.