Steady shooting

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by BowhuntnHoosier, Feb 3, 2007.

1. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

When shooting do you guys notice you do better when you have not been drinking caffenne????

2. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I never really tried shooting without caffine...
    It helps me Focus.............................:madgrin:

3. mdewitt71

mdewitt71 Senior Member

I got a partner that smoked a cig right inbetween 2 vegas rounds and his score dropped so much he said he would never again smoke during a league shoot............told him he just ought ot give it up completely but then I got that look like "Yea Right!!"

I know another guy that won't even drink soda before or during a shoot.

4. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

I do not drink very much caffine. If it would help I would I'd drink when I am shootin. I am hyper enough with out the evil but delightful stuff. We have a C house here and they have a flavored iced drink called the TN Rebel. I love it but at $5 a pop I don't endulge quite often. HS

5. whitetail99

whitetail99 Senior Member

Caffeine and sugar. I find the Diet Mt Dew is better than regular Mt Dew for my score. That is to say the the diet doesn't screw me up as much.

6. mdewitt71

mdewitt71 Senior Member

I drink Caffeine Free Mt. Dew.....

7. two_shoes

two_shoes YOU! Get in my belly!

So what's the point of drinking Mt Dew without caffine? I didn't know they made a caffine free Mt. Dew......:noidea:

8. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

When I worked in corporate america, I pounded down the mt dews. I bet I drank 6 a day. I could even drink it before bedtime. Well, I have cut back drastically on pop all together. So now if I drink a Dew, lookout, I get the shakes.

I can't drink caffeine before shooting if I want to shoot well.

9. mdewitt71

mdewitt71 Senior Member

Because I like the taste of it............I use to kill at least a 6 pack during the day as well.
    Now they make it a caffiene free "Morman drink"

10. two_shoes

two_shoes YOU! Get in my belly!

Wow, I can't imagine 6 a day. I'll have to let my friend know about the caffine free.... he was feeling bad about it but wasn't able to kick the habit (He's mormon of the jack type)...... I wonder if they will come out with nicotine free dip for him???

11. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Wow, a 6 pack of Dew ?
    Man, if I did that and my doctor found out he'd just kill me himself and save the world the loss of oxygen trying to keep me alive !
    :laugh:

Back in my software development days we had this stuff called Jolt. Their motto was "All the suger and twice the caffeine"... The stuff tasted like cr*p but it kept you awake ! 6 of them would have probably propelled you into orbit.

Ron

12. mdewitt71

mdewitt71 Senior Member

They have a Mint herbal dip...........it comes in various flavors just like skoal.
    Many guys I know in the Army used it to quit dipping.

13. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

I usto drink code red mt dew like it was water, now im down to about 3 or 4 a day, unless its hot out and im working outside, I also smoke, seems if i take a break between rounds, and have a pop and a smoke,the second half is not as good. not sure i would blame it on the pop or smoke, cause i get a little stiff for the next few rounds, and takes a few shots to get loosend up, dont really get the shakes or anything, could be ress relaxed from it though...

14. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I make my coffee extra weak on monday and thursday mornings (thats the days I shoot right know)....and force myself to only have one cup......

If I dont have at least one cup in the morning, I get a headache in the afternoon....

I am a caffiene addict and I just relized it typing this.....

15. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Its like birth control without blowing up your heart

16. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

that has to be good.......or not...i really am not sure.....:noidea:

17. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Dreadly what did you do with the :hail: :hippie: in my quote. That really makes it CUTE. HS

18. Bustn Noks

Bustn Noks Junior Member

Caffenne certainly has some impact on the ability to hold as steady. Smoking increases heart rate, that big pump gets going fast and it's hard to even stand still. Any thing that changes heart rate will have some effect I would guess.
    I bet adrenaline would also be a big culprit when trying to hold steady.