steadying your bow

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by cowboy50, Feb 16, 2008.

1. cowboy50

cowboy50 New Member

what are some way that make you steady your bow better.

2. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

I read this in a book and I have not perfected it yet but it does work when you get it right. It's called the bone to bone method. what it means is you let the ball of your shoulder rest back into the joint. One example they gave was to lean against a wall with your arm stiff then let the shoulder slip back into the socket and feel the difference of how much easier it is to support your weight. Give it a try you might be surprised. And relax your bow arm and release arm. You are never going to be able to hold perfectly steady but you can be steadier...:peace:

3. J.C.

J.C. New Member

making sure your draw length is as close to perfect as you can get it is probably the main thing.

4. bullfiddle

One other thing is finding that happy medium of adding enough weight to your bow with stabilizers and V-bars. A light bow will allow alot more movement in your sight pin than a heavier bow. The trick is finding the right combination for you... Good Luck...:rockon: :rockon:

5. where?

Where do you add or subtract weight first, at the end of the stab or v-bars?

6. bullfiddle

I like my bow to fall forward in my hand after the shot. Some guys like it to just set there this can be accomplised by adding and subtracting from either end. if you want it to fall forward try decreasing from the back end and adding to the front. Ya basically just gotta keep trying till you get what feels righ to you..:noidea:

7. MoSkeeter0311

MoSkeeter0311 New Member

I was told (and it helped me) that when your bow is balanced out where it feels good to you weight wise and you're still getting slight vertical movement in your sight picture that making MINUTE changes in your till can help. Check with some of the Tech guys on here first. I am far from a Tech person. When I would be at full draw I would get a slight upward movement on my site picture, (I don't have a 3d style stab on my rig.) By making MINUTE changes to the till by barely backing out or tigheneing the screws and changing the till I was able to steady it better. I would loosen the top screw slightly and alternately tighten the lower screw. BUT you want to keep the till measurement as close as possible. I believe that I read somewhere that you should allow it at 1/16 at that most.
    But I say again Check with the TECHS on here first.

8. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I'm getting a stabalizer quick disconnect 10 degree down. Will this help any??

9. RxBowhunterKS

RxBowhunterKS Paddle in water

I currently have the same QD by AEP (10 degree down). I really cannot tell any difference in how the bow shoots.

10. Paul S.

Paul S. I do not follow!

I use the same thing, and I don't know if it makes a difference or not, but it looks cool.:cool: I just switched from a 10.5" stabilizer to a 26" model, and the difference is night and day. I hold much more steady with the weight way out in front.:D

11. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

I was told to Push the bow at the target and pull the string back. So push,pull works good for me.