string splitter??

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by bowtech4ever, Jun 21, 2008.

1. bowtech4ever

bowtech4ever New Member

I was at the local shop today and this guys had the new string splitter peep sight put on his bow. all i can say is WOW. that thing is HUGE. all i had seen to this point were commercials and it looked alot smaller. I'm not sure if that thing is healthy for your bowstring.. have ya'll seen it? what do ya think?

2. red44

red44 Senior Member

I sent for the smallest one and the next size bigger. The smallest is plenty big at 1/4" arch. The other is'nt even going on the string to try, rediculous how big it is.

3. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

1/4" is pretty big.

4. Mathews Man

Mathews Man Foam Killer

Ive seen em but I think I like the round peep better just my preferance.

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

there is a memeber here who likes to "spam" about them......

I too like a round peep better, I mean hello your scope/sight bodies are almost all round today......why would you want to go backwards in life?

we started with square or rectangle sights and round peeps......

we have now converted to all most all round/round, andnow somone comes along and goes back to round/square.......

PRETTY SILLY.......PLAIN AND SIMPLE.....

6. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I agree....

Round peep + round sight/scope = a nice sight picture and success...

Why try and stuff a square peg in a round hole ?

Ron

7. red44

red44 Senior Member

You use the upper part of the SP (which is an arch) to align with the top of the pin guard. It leaves the bottom "open", supposedly for more light. Not for everyone I guess, not even me, but I had to give it a shot. IMO it won't do any more in the "letting in more light" catagory than a 1/4"peep. And the way the string comes off the forks on the bottom can't be good for string longevity. My .02

8. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

9. bowtech4ever

bowtech4ever New Member

at first i thought it might be pretty cool. but when i saw it on a bow i realized it is not for me.I'm stickin with me peeps

10. Mathews Man

Mathews Man Foam Killer

not to hijack this tread but what size peeps are most used? I use a 3/16.

11. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I use a 3/16" for hunting, 1/8" for 3D and a 3/32" for indoor target. I like the Superball peeps so you can change the peep aperture size without having to re-serve a new peep in. You can easily screw and unscrew the apertures to experiment.

Ron

12. Mathews Man

Mathews Man Foam Killer

Ron, On the 1/8 do you see the hole sight or do you just focus on the pin?

13. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I just have a single pin but I can see the whole scope. I have a 9" extension on my sight so I can get it pretty far out there if I wanted to.
    That's kind of where the Superball peep comes in. Between adjusting the peep size and the bar length I can get the scope ring right around the edge of the peep. Works pretty good. I wish my scope had a flourescent ring on it. I use a CR Apex 3D scope. the edge of the scope is so thin that I'm not sure what I could to to make it stand out more....:noidea:

Ron

14. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

paint it with lacquer based finger nail polish....:noidea: :noidea:

15. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I concur:rockon:

16. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

What color ? Do you need to put down white first and then whatever color you want ?

I know somebody who has PLENTY of nail paint, and by it's smell it sure is laquer... :biggrin1:

Ron

17. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

PROBLEM SOLVED !

I don't use a lens and have the lens retaining ring. It fits on the front and back of the scope since both are threaded. I just painted the outside edge of teh ring with Plasti-cote scratch paint.... White... It's laquer based. Worked great. Just need to let it dry and I might just shoot a few this afternoon.... Good idea guys...

Thanks,
    Ron

18. Mathews Man

Mathews Man Foam Killer

I know somebody who has PLENTY of nail paint, and by it's smell it sure is laquer... :biggrin1:

Ron[/QUOTE]

So Rons a paint sniffer :noidea:
    I have a HHA with a ring so I might try the 1/8. thanks for the input.

19. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

That's why they pay me the big bucks Ron.....:spit: :spit: :spit: :spit:

20. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

So Rons a paint sniffer :noidea:
    I have a HHA with a ring so I might try the 1/8. thanks for the input.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Heck, I don't HAVE to TRY and smell it.... The smell seems to FIND ME ! :lol:

Ron