STS... North or South?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Tenderfoot, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot New Member

Hey, I learned to braise the other day. I got some hardware today and welded up some stuff so it can screw into my riser. I put some dried caulk on the end to use as an sts. It will not fit when put on the south bushing of my riser. The cable moves past the original position of the string when the cam flips over during the draw. So, would I have a problem or get sub-prime performance putting an sts on the north side of my bow?

2. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

depends on it its facing west or not:noidea: :bowl:

3. Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot New Member

shut it and learn the archery nomenclature:p

4. Holy Smokes

what in tha devil is nomeclature:laugh:
    N is on top I guess west would be left

5. bowtech-john

bowtech-john Way Lowest Junior Member

Homemade STS

Can you post a picture of your contraption? :noidea: What did you braze? 3/8 rod, a die and the right bends is all that's needed usually.

6. Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot New Member

I cannot find the dang "edit post" button anywhere. I meant "nomeNclature". I'll see if I cannot get some pics up some day soon. Basically I got a bolt that fit into my riser(very uncommon thread count). I also got a 2'' washer(which I glued a wad of the dried caulk tube to). I bought some nuts of more common thread count and "welded" one to the bolt. I also welded another nut to the washer(before glueing the caulk stopper on). Then all I had to do was cut a section of threaded stock(maybe 1/4'') and screw it all together. The glue is still drying, so I haven't shot it yet.:bored:

7. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I think I may be lost..........but I don't think I'm alone. So that is good. Pics would really help.

Anybody got a compass?????????????:laugh: :biggrin1: :doh:

8. Mathews Man

Mathews Man Foam Killer

The caulk stopper is getting me I cant see how this would take the abuse that a STS endures and not get chopped to pieces:noidea:

9. bowtech-john

Home made STS

I really can't wait to see this. Reminds me of the time I had to engineer the clutch linkage on a Datsun pickup to a 390 I slipped in it. :D

10. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

If your using caulk as your stopper, I would be very concerned here. If that doen't hold up, you are going to blow your string apart when it hits the washer.

11. Holy Smokes

Being in tha painting profession for 21 years I ahve had caulk set up in my gun and this stuff get radically tuff
    would be very cautiopus to watch how it holds up
    T you got no pics man
    we love dem pics
    It nearly a man law.

12. bowsniper

bowsniper New Member

????????

Why not just buy one from a company that knows what they are doing? Just my thoughts

13. bowtech-john

Sts

Hey Tenderfeet, we're waiting for some pics!!

I would post pics of stuff in the for sale category if I could figure how to resize them. But I aint no 'Puter genius.:frusty:

14. SinGin

SinGin Banned

Instead of posting a pic of what ever it was you built could you just tell us what nomeNclature means?:noidea:

15. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: