sts string stop

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by jetshowell, Sep 26, 2007.

1. jetshowell

jetshowell Member

anyone used or seen the new sts string stops do they help with your true brace height and make ur bow more forgiving or are they a waste of money

2. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

I'm not sure i understand about the brace hgt thing but they will make your bow quietier and i noticed that my groups tightened at 40yds.I have a css by Meanv:rockon: on mine and will never shoot with out it again.Getting ready to order another one for my other bow.:biggrin1:

3. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member

Look up MeanV here on the forums, he will make a custom one to fit your bow that will NOT look bulky and big. I have one on all of my bows, including my spots bow.:rockon:

4. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

I have one on my trykon and I think it helped considerably, trykons are known to have a slight string buzz after the shot. The double front mount sts took care of all that, now all you hear are my blazers "hissing" when my arrow flies.:doh: :doh:

5. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

They help out a ton on a hunting rig to keep your sleeves from getting hit by the string.

6. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Like those guys said.
    I prefer the Meanv version because it's a cleaner design, but it is custom for your bow where the STS has 2 models that fit more or less all bows (compounds, that is).

Ron

7. jetshowell

jetshowell Member

sts came out with a new side mount for reflex and hoyt boys doesnt look bulky and about the brace height it will stop the string from traveling forward with the arrow therfore increasing brace
    "actual" brace height

8. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

String Suppressors are a great add on for a bow. There are several choices out there look them over and buy the one you like then enjoy the benefits. Here is a Pic of one I build in HD Hardwoods on an Equalizer:cool:

Dan

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  9. IChim2

You have a pic of one in hardwoods green.

10. hansel

hansel Member

I have 2 CHL STS's very similiar looking to the meanV one, once you put one on you'll never shoot a bow without one.

11. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

100% agreed........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

12. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

Here Ya Go Rick:D

Dan

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  13. jetshowell

jetshowell Member

hey meanv you got anything for a reflex growler that will match the realtree apg

14. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

I believe it takes a front mount and I can have one custom dipped for you:cool:

Dan

15. jetshowell

jetshowell Member

didnt see anything about front mounts on the meanv website

16. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

Haven't had time to add a lot of things but believe me they are available:cool:

Dan

17. IChim2

Thats it :cool:..Got to get another one for my other hunting bow.Fantastic product.:rockon:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2007
  18. Gary J

Gary J Member

The STS is nice but I prefer MeanV's CSS. It's a much cleaner design.

19. Werd

Werd Senior Member

hey mean..what would u charge to put one on a bear trx32? or ship one to me. think i may give one of those bad boys a try. just pm me please