Sts

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by BowTech81, Apr 16, 2006.

1. BowTech81

BowTech81 Member

I have a Tribute and can't decide whether or not to put a STS on it. Double or single? How much speed diffrence if I remove factory string dampeners? Anyone with a tribute or allegience out there using an sts please post your comments. Thanks

2. glenny

glenny Senior Member

I have them on all mine.

I prefer them on my bows,due to 2 or 3 reasons.
    The arrow leaves the bow the same consistently every time,also reducng lower braceheight to be forgiving on the arm.
    It makes the bow quiet as well as dampens the vibration dramatically.

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I also have sts's on all my bows and will not shoot w/o one anymore. I have all single's.

4. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I know alot of people on here love their STS but I cannot hear my bow now and it has a generous brace height. :rockon: So would it really benefit me to put out another $50 or so for one?:peace: Right now I am saving for a new hunting sight. And wonder if I should just go ahead and buy the STS now since I will not need my new sight until around August. Help me out here fella's.

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Heres the deal Frank, you buy one and try it, and what I mean is put it on the bow, shoot for a few days, then take it off, if you decide then that you dont like it I will pay you full price plus tax and shipping for it. Hear that everyone?? You are all witnesses to this. Buy the time shipping and ever thing else gets factored in you should be up about ten dollars or so, hows that for a 3 day investment?

Thats how good I think they are. Besides I need one for my fiance's bow.

6. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

This is what I do at the shop. I'll put it on, if you don't think it made a positive improvement, I'll take it off.

Then I walk out on the range, have them shoot two or three times with it on. I grab my allen wrench, remove the sts and have them shoot again. That is all it take. They say put it back on.

7. BowhuntnHoosier

Ok Adam I will try one on my XT. :peace: Now if I can just get some more money from the wife, it may take awhile though. :Cry:

8. rrussell

rrussell Junior Member

i just ordered one i am excited to see if it is true about what everyone is fussing about thanks guys for the input i am going to put the double on and i will let you guys know the results of it

9. BowhuntnHoosier

Ok fella's now that I have decided to get an STS my question is Single or Double? If I go with the double will I have to remove it to put bow in case? Chris how long will it take to ship one to me in Indiana? Thanks for all the help.

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Either one will be good Frank and I dont see why you would have to remove it to put it in your case. I have singles now but want to try a double, also I have 05 modles, before they put on the new ends. What is it called edds or something like that.:biggrin1:

11. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

what is the string life reduced to by using this, i have been thinking of trying one, but the thought of the string impacting it time after time cannot be good....

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

As of this Sunday will have mine for approximatly 1 year (on my Switchback) give or take a week or two. I still have the original string and cable on my 05 Switchback. Shows NO and I mean NO signs of wear. At the point were the sts contacts the string.

13. thespyhunter

thespyhunter SuperTec & Spirals

I got one for my Primos , and now I should recieve the other two I ordered for my Trykon and Timberwolf today. They work really well.

14. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

By the way Bullspotter, You serve the string for about an inch and a half right were it contacts the STS, they send you some in the package but I used my own.

15. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

I personally like the CSS one myself. Made of carbon...

16. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member

Take a look at Meanv's CSS before you buy!!!! Nicest looking suppressor out.

17. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I just put one on my Allegiance and what a huge difference.
    I'm going to keep my bowjax on there though. The Allegiance is a pretty fast bow so a couple FPS really is not going to make any difference at all...

Ron

18. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

hey guys the post is a year old and most of these people have not posted since, you think they will see your responces:laugh:

19. BowhuntnHoosier

I did...............and by the way are you still going to buy my STS???:laugh:

J/K its not going anywhere.:wave:

The thing I like about the original STS is that if I get a different bow it is adj for different BH's.:noidea: