suggestions on a new hunting release?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by OB1.25, Jul 4, 2008.

1. OB1.25

OB1.25 Junior Member

i am in the market for a new hunting release. i want to get one of the truball T handle releases. are the truball releases with the ****ing mechanism to loud for hunting? kinda of torn between the pro diamond extreme and the ultra extreme one has the ****ing mechanism and the other one doesn't. also is the pro diamond a back tension or not. seen a few on ebay and they say "can be shot as bak tension release" any help will be great

thanks

2. Mathews Man

Mathews Man Foam Killer

I use the pro diamond for all my shooting 3D, 5 spot and hunting. It is NOT a BT release. But it works great For hunting just lock it on your d-Loop and when the time comes to shoot you dont have to fumble around trying to hook it up.
    I do believe if I were to buy a new pro diamond It would be the Extreme just cause it is shorter and adds 7/16 of draw lenght vrs the pro diamond.

3. OB1.25

OB1.25 Junior Member

good deal

thanks for the info M man!:rockon:

4. Mathews Man

Mathews Man Foam Killer

No problem, Hope I answered your Questions:peace:

5. J.Blay

J.Blay New Member

I use the pro diamond for target and hunting. It is very adjustable and super quiet. I squeeze the trigger as I tighten my back muscles. This technique is using back tension without a back tension release. It works well for me.

6. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

As long as you just load your arrow, stick the release on the string and leave it hanging until it is go time... My Carter Insatiable has got a pretty loud CLICK when I hit the thumb trigger, but for some reason it doesn't bother deer. I have ****ed/clicked/****ed/clicked a bunch of times just to see if the deer would react and they never do. Now if I scrape my boot on the tree...GONE!

7. OB1.25

OB1.25 Junior Member

Pro diamond extreme

:rockon: just got the pro diamond xt today. it took a few shots to get used to, all in all i think i'll be happy with the purchase. it will just take a little time to get it juuuust the way i like. thanks for the info.

8. Mathews Man

Mathews Man Foam Killer

congrats:peace: Happy shooting.:rockon: