Suprise

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by tnts79, Jun 17, 2008.

1. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

Here's the deal, my brother has been hunting with me for the last two seasons using an old martin tracer magnum or something like that...:noidea: He bought it from a friend that only used it one season blah blah blah. I think its around an 02 or 03. I am kicking around the idea of getting him something for his b-day a little ahead of time. Not much point in buying a bow for him in december... I know it would probally be the best to just let him pick one out but I dont think I would go wrong picking up a held over vectrix or general?? Those are the two bows I am looking at for him, any input? 29.5" draw 60-65 lbs. :bowl:

2. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

It really would be best to let him pick it out himself. I would not buy a bow for anyone before they have had a chance to try it. Bows are so subjective there is no everyone would like this model creature in existence. (regardless fo what you read on the forums!) I definitely prefer what I'm shooting over either of those bows and most shooters on here would not choose mine first; Don't do it. :amen: The only exception I would make is if you already know his preferences really well.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2008

3. J.Blay

J.Blay New Member

Here's an idea. Take him to an archery shop to "check out" some bows. Have him find his favorite ones as you pretend to find yours. If his choice is too pricey have him pick out one of his other choices. He'll probably have figured out what you're doing by then, anyway. Either way, I'll bet he will love going home with a new bow. I would.

4. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

This is a good idea.....take him to just try out bows, even if you don't buy it that day, find out what feels good to him and go back for it later. Be Sneaky :biggrin1:

Or, me personally, will shoot whatever I get a good deal on. :noidea: :lol:

5. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

Looks like a trip to the shop this weekend:thumb: