Sure-Loc Arrow Rests

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Ronhop, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

OK, I'm giving up on my NAP QT 3000 rest on the 82nd Airborne. It just will not work without some significant mods, which I won't do since then I'll probably not be able to sell it... :biggrin1:

Anyone have any experience with the relatively new Sure-Loc rests ? I'm considering the BearTrap, which is a drop away style with an arrow 'keeper'.

Any advice or experience would be appreciated. I spoke with a Sure-Loc tech and he said I would be good to go with the Bowtech specific mount (Bowtech risers on some of the new bows are really thick, like on the 82nd) and you can tie the actuation cord to the downward moving cable... The Sure-Loc catalog and WEB site are a little deceiving in that it implies that you can only use it with a cable slide setup, since it includes a cable slide. It turns out that's not true, the downward moving cable can be used as well.

Any thoughts or opinions ?

Thanks in advance,

Ron

2. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

I didn't even know sure loc made rests :noidea:

3. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

they are mostly known for making target sights Hook.

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

BAM TAKE THAT:rockon:

5. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

:noidea:

Are you smoking meth again? :crazy:

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

NOPE................

BONG WATER

just saying:lol:

7. trussoni

trussoni Ninja Fighting Fool

bong water will whack a few million brain cells pretty quick, be careful its potent stuff. QAD Utra Rest is a great rest and there is one in the classifieds here for a great price. Come to think of it ask Bunny about it.

8. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

I thought you could only snort bong water :noidea:

9. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

At some point in the past somebody asked me what rock I crawled out from when I didn't realize that one archery company bought another archery company... :bowl: Do you guys actually look at new products ? Heck, it's in the Sure-Loc catalog and on their WEB site. What rock did YOU guys crawl out from under ? :bowl:

Sorry, I could not resist... :peace:

Anyway, they started making them last year and they look nicely made and have bow specific mounting brackets that counter the 'thick' riser issue I have. I'm not surprised that you guys have not seen them. I'm just still trying to fix my 82nd rest issue that I've posted a couple of times about.

This might be a really good solution. I just want to talk with somebody who has seen one and possibly used one. They are new so that might be a tough nut to crack.

Ron

10. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

:laugh:

Ron

11. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

Third one on the left.

12. QSA

Man the looks like a Cavalier Avalanche Drop away

13. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Yeah, I thought so too. But check out the spring that the cord attaches to. The launcher also looks like a CJ Scardycat Pro that Bunnyboy was trying to sell, but decided to keep... :cool:

Looks like a nice rest and when you figure you can use the bow specific mount it will fit well with the riser.

Ron

14. QSA

Looks just like the on I sold in this theard. cord hooks to a spring and the launcher looks just like it to.
    http://www.3dshoots.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9712&page=2

15. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Yes, that definitely looks similar. I wonder if Sure-Loc bought the rights to that or a license to it. Fishy to me...

Ron

16. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

they probably pay them some type of payment in return for the building of there rest....

take a look at the Tuner rest Sure loc has.......hmmm looks just like a PRO TUNER:noidea:

17. trussoni

trussoni Ninja Fighting Fool

a person would drown wouldnt they? besides i cant swim

18. QSA

I do not see but 2 rest in there Catolog. The other one looks like a Gold key rest. I do not see a pro tuner rest

19. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

thats the one I am talking about:doh: