Taking my sons hunting

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by Dens228, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Dens228

Dens228 Senior Member

I leave next Thursday for a couple of days of hunting and my Wife's aunt and uncle's home. The wife and kids are going for the visit too.

I planned on taking my climber but now I'm taking my Double Bull as this is a chance to take my two boys, ages 6 and 8 out with me since we can just walk out the back door and hunt unlike the two hour drive when hunting from home.

They are very excited as am I.

I also got them a youth bow yesterday and had them shooting in the backyard.

2. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

That's outstanding...:peace:

It's great that they show some interest and that you have an oppertunity to spend some real quality time with them...:biggrin1:

3. Werd

Werd Senior Member

dude thats great. not many young kids get that opportunity to go out and enjoy hunting with their fathers. good luck hunting ps. i know the first time my dad took me hunting when i was 5. he shot this doe and i think i was more excited than he was

4. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Dens buddy that is fantastic.:rockon: Good luck and have a blast. Just remember to pack the camera and take lots of pics for the family album.:peace:

5. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Wanna make it even better for them? Take a digital camera and let them hunt with that! If you see deer you win by having proof and they win because they took the pictures and it gives them a good reason to pay attention other then because its outdoors :)

6. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

Thats great..I would much rather my kids hunt and fish than setting in front of a dang tv/play station.Nothing like the great outdoors.:amen: Kids now adays don't understand it but there while come a time down the road when being outdoors and learning will come in handy.

7. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Not many youngins' have fathers any more
    let's be one to some kid.