Target/3D Setups

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by BuckeyeRed, Mar 5, 2007.

1. BuckeyeRed

BuckeyeRed Super Member

Well I've decided that i'm ready to make the plunge and start shooting a scope instead of pins for 3D & 300. I've been doing alot of looking and I think I've narrowed it down to 2, sites any how. Copper John ANTS field/3D or Sure-Loc Supreme 400. Scopes on the other hand I don't know much about, what brand or size do you guys shoot? I was looking at some from Beiter but i don't know. What are your guys oppinions on the ANTS and the Supreme? Also, is the Supreme worth getting over the Challenger series?? I've heard really good things about the Copper John but what do you guys think?? Alot of questions I know but this target stuff is confusing. Not to mention expensive!!:doh:

2. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

My preference is the Supreme by Sureloc.

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I also prefer the sure loc but would like to try the new accell sights by tru ball also.......

4. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Superme is a mighty fine sight Bar. I have been doing eem for years> I am sure there are others out there though. Still if you will look at all tha top shooters for the most part it is Sureloc> HS

5. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I have a Sure-Loc........

6. tek

tek Senior Member

Check out Custom Bow Equipment sights also. They make very good sights that have a lot of different options.

7. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Shoving this back to the top.
    I'm in the exactly same dilemma you are in. Everyone please give feedback.

Ron

8. dano1977

dano1977 Senior Member

I have a supreme, but the Copper John is a really nice sight too. I'll also add that the customer service at CJ is second to none!

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I just found these pics over on AT.....this thing looks sweet.....I think the guy even does custom paint jobs.....if he does I may be selling my sure loc....

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

and a few more.....

11. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

If those have worm gears like the old checkits they will wear out fairly quick. Get alot of paly in them. It is a sweet looking puppy though> HS

12. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I have an old toxonics that works great. Sureloc makes some great sights though. Check out the classifieds sections you may find a great deal there.:peace:

13. MCOrlando

MCOrlando Banned

I decided to buy my first target setup a couple of months ago and looked at both the ANTS and Sureloc. I decided on the Sureloc but my local pro shop guy was just about to leave for the big archery trade show in Atlanta. He convinced me to wait. He came back excited about the new Truball Axcel and I waited another 3 weeks until his order arrived. Last week I got it and a Classic scope. Since it's my first, I can't compare it to others, but I love it.

14. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

sights

I use CBE 3DXL sight and CR Apex scope.