target shooters ?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Gator eye, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

I am using a 4 power scope.

With a #1 clarifier in I can see the target clear but having a hard time seeing the pin, it's like the pin disappears in the scope.

With a clear peep I still have a hard time seeing the pin but I can see it better, but the target is real blurry and I have a hard time picking out the center.

Anybody have any suggestions for this problem?

I was thinking about trying a pin light in my scope with the clarifier in the peep.

2. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

There is no easy answer here. What you are seeing is normal. Your option is to get a bigger aiming pin.

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I dont focus on the target or the pin, but some where in the middle.....

think about a camera or a pair of binos......there is only one distance that can be in focus at one time......

your eye works sort of the same

4. jimposten

jimposten Senior Member

The trick is to go to a smaller size # one peep, It will make you focus more,... Like squinting does for bad eyesight.

So first pic a lens and the appropriate clarifier... (Which you have) then adjust the orifice size until both pin and target become clear, then slide your sight so the scope just fits inside your peep visually.

JIM

5. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

Every noe is going to be different. I use a 4x lens on my scope w/ a no#2 yellow clarifier. But I also wear glasses. You'll have to try a few. Where are you located? The pro-shop I deal w/ is Kent Arms in Grand Rapids. Vince has the best selection of target equipment in the area!!! Other wise you can get on Specialty Archery's web site. Let them know what brand of scope and lens you have. And they can get you real close.

6. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

7. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

Thank guys

Hey Pinwheel you got the number for Kent Arms? I would like to give them a shout and see what they got to say. I wouldn't mind making the trip if they could help me with this. Maybe a little try before you buy, I am getting a ton of money invested in this problem, peeps, lenses, fibers, ect...

8. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

Kent Arms # 616-247-3633. ask for Vince.