Taxidermists Help Me!!!

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Wheely, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

My husband has an antelope that he got quite a few years ago. He has never really taken care of it, never hung it up or anything:mad: . So, I hung it at the last house to keep it safe.

When we moved here, it was just left out on some shelves where it was sure to get rained on, so I went out and wrapped it in plastic until I could figure out what I am going to do with it. I picked it up the other day to move it (I was organizing the shelves) and one of the horns has somehow broken off :doh: :frusty:

He was pretty upset, but hey, he never took care of it. If I didn't, the thing would be totally trashed by now.

So, is this going to be a hard or easy fix?? Can I just glue it back on or do I need to find a taxidermist?? What do I do with it?? :noidea:

Thanks

2. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

Im no taxidermist but it cant hurt to take it to one for a free estimate.

1 question for you. Why would you even tell him. he wouldn't have ever found out unless you move again.:tape: :frusty: :decision:

3. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

actually he probly never would have found out. I guess I told him, so maybe he will start taking care of his own stuff.:noidea:

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

ask Justin he can help!!!!:laugh:

5. dano1977

dano1977 Senior Member

Justin should be on here soon, he took his boys hunting. I know he has fixed broken antlers on deer, so maybe he can help.

6. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

You mean Justin actually has time to go hunting.:dizzy: With everything he is into I figured hunting was a thing of the past.:doh:

7. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

hey Justin, good thing I am not in any hurry to fix this thing or I would be in trouble :D

8. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

I'm not 100% sure as to what you should do. Antelope horns are much different from deer antlers. The core of the horn is removed and there are several ways to mount them back on the form. I would think that you could glue it back on, but to be safe you might ask a local taxidermist. They would be much more knowledgeable when it comes to horns. There aren't any antelope in Indiana......:peace:

9. Werd

Werd Senior Member

Are there even anelope in the US?

10. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Are ya kiddin' us Drew
    sure they is but they is out west
    when ya movin' got moose and mulies and big ol griz is out there to.:scared: :pray: :faint2: :faint: :faint2: :scared: :pound:

11. Werd

Werd Senior Member

lol yea i never knew that. i thought they were in the middle east and africa.:lol: im from the east coast so i dont know much about them types of critters

12. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

We have some Moose. I have seen them in Idaho. Lots of Elk, I love to see the elk:D . Lots of Mulies. Griz's? :noidea: I haven't heard much about them. People claim they have seen them, but they are more up around Alaska I think. Antelope, we have a ton of them. I have seen fields with thousands of them

13. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

What are they teaching you kids in school???? :noidea:

14. 'SIN'ERGY

'SIN'ERGY Senior Member

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

15. j3dGuam

j3dGuam Senior Member

Take a picture of the broken area and post it. Many times you can glue it on but I need to see the break.