team #1 6pt.

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by I missed, Oct 25, 2007.

1. I missed

I missed Senior Member

i got to my stand later than wanted (around 5pm) and sure enough spooked a decent buck out from under my tree:doh: and ofcoarse there was a fresh scrape 8 yards from my tree:doh: . but i shook it off and climbed up my tree.the buck didnt run far so i grunted in the direction it headed. about an hour later the same buck apeared 15yards from my stand. i stood and readied myself, it walked directly behind my tree blocking any shot then walked straight away. i drew my bow as it turned broadside at 30yds. and let the arrow fly. i heard a loud smack when the arrow hit the deer and it took off. the shot was a little high but i was cofident. i found half my arrow and no blood on the ground. WTF????????????????:frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

2. I missed

I missed Senior Member

im looking for advice......please!:Cry: :Cry:

3. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

When did you shoot him? How long did you look? Go to the last place you saw him when he ran off if you can't find any blood where it was standing when you shot.

4. I missed

I missed Senior Member

i shot at 6 looked for about 4 hours no blood where he was standing

5. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

Trace the steps he took when he ran off....

6. I missed

I missed Senior Member

it ran down a pine covered hill and i could follow his tracks in the needles for a good 45 yards and no blood!! shot with a RAGE!!:frusty: :frusty:

7. MichiganHunter

MichiganHunter Senior Member

sounds like a shoulder hit.

8. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

yep, shoulder bone. did itlast year. did find him 60yds away. but there was not a drop of blood.

9. goldflinger

goldflinger Senior Member

If you think the shot was high could of gone thru diafram area. Ain't sure about the brokn arrow.

10. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

form tha last found sign of tha deer
    take and start to making a small circle
    and make another circle about 6 fieet bigger and continue this till you are satisfied that he is not mortally wounded.