Tekkan Ii

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by BOWTECHER, Apr 17, 2007.

1. BOWTECHER

BOWTECHER Member

Has anyone used and what results did you get with the Tekkan II broadhead!:decision:

2. 'SIN'ERGY

'SIN'ERGY Senior Member

You should really try them for yourself sir, everyone has their own opinion on broadheads. This issue is almost as heavy as who has the better bow. If you put them in the right spot they all work --- welllllllllll maybe.

3. BOWTECHER

BOWTECHER Member

Just trying to get some info on them. I have a buddy that gave me some, because he lost a nice buck and shattered his confidence in them.:sorry:

4. red44

red44 Senior Member

I have'nt any experience with TIIs. I do with RM Snypers which are a similar design. Great for penetration. Blood trails can be great or sparce depending on location and orientation of the blades on entrance and exit. We are 5 and 0 with them. Dead is dead. However the heads were not shootable after. Tip blade bent on a couple with off side shoulder contact, and a couple main blades bent. Only one of the five deer made it out of sight and was recovered. It turned out to be a liver/diaphram hit. The sparce blood trails were one that the main blades were vertical on both entrance and exit going between ribs on entrance and splitting one on exit. That was more of a spray bottle on "mist". It was easy to follow but not obvious from a distance. The other was a quartering away shot that ended up not completely exiting in front of the off side front leg.
    If your shooting a low KE set-up they do penetrate well. If KE is'nt an issue, I'd opt for a three blade design, it just seems to open a better bleeding hole. The TII's do have what looks like a stronger design and should'nt have the tip issue we had, and G5 is making some great products. I would not hesitate to use them. BTW where did your buddy hit his deer and from what angle?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2007
  5. Relentless

Relentless Junior Member

I've shot one deer with uhm...they fly straight as an arrow (obviously) they dropped my deer in his tracks at about 20 yards. the cut diameter was impressive. He spun some circles and he had blood spewing out 2 ft. in the air. I've only shot one deer with uhm and they did great....so i guess im gonna continue with uhm till they prove me wrong.

6. dzingale

dzingale Senior Member

You should check the laws for your state. I know that in NY they are now illegal.

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

now illegal???

there were legal at one point??:noidea:

8. dzingale

dzingale Senior Member

It wasn't tey were legal or illegal. They were tested and found that they are considered Barbed and that is illegal in New york. Also keep your eye one the rage.

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Nah I will just keep shooting my old outdated Muzzy's:biggrin1: and continue to be very happy:rockon:

10. dzingale

dzingale Senior Member

You should check out either the New Muzzy MX4 or 3 Or the Slick trick. Or the Montec G5 Strikers.

11. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

Honeslty, bowman. I would try out the rage. These things are unbelievable!! I am currently selling all the broadheads I had in stock and am stocking up on the rages for next year. Although, I only had three rages last year and still have them after 5 deer and 1 coyote I shot with them. they are still in great shape, all I had to do was replace some blades.