tha can

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by Holy Smokes, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

so I got me tha can taday
    what is tha best way ta work it and when
    can ya just use it part way of tha sound too>?
    or should I just take it back

2. Great calll - just remove the clear sticker from the bottom hole:biggrin1:

3. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Guest

I have used em before Smokes but honestly I can't say that they helped me much. I can tell ya though I have never seen that call actually spook deer. But I have never seen one coming to it either...:noidea:

4. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I got a buddy thats been callin bucks in for the past 3 weeks with the can. I guess Bullfiddle is in the wrong part of the state.:laugh: :noidea:

5. red44

red44 Senior Member

My results with it has been like bullfiddle's. I think I need one with a Boston accent or something, the deer don't quite understand what I'm trying to say I guess.

6. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Guest

Yeah our bucks up here are smarter than that......:doh: But 1 of em wasn't.....:biggrin1:

7. lungcutter

lungcutter Guest

I have had deer start bleating when I have used the can and I have had them ignore it completely. I dont think that there is any wrong way to use the can, unless the deer is really close to you.

Let us know if you have any success with it.

8. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

I have had numerous bucks come right to the base of the tree I was in when I hit the can. If I see a buck in the distance I will hit it once to get their attention. After they look up I hit it again and I would say 80% of the time they will come trotting in right to you. I only use it if it looks like they will not come into shooting range or if they passed by me and I was not able to get a shot. I have found it will not pull a buck away if he is already with a doe.