The bow to by this year.

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by littlebowhunter, Nov 9, 2007.

1. littlebowhunter

littlebowhunter Junior Member

I am thinking about bying a new bow soon for hunting and i want to know what the latest and greatest bow on the market is right now.

2. swintj1

swintj1 Senior Member

LOL. Get ready for a lot of responses! LOL!

My favorites:

Hoyt:
    1. Vectrix
    2. Katera XL
    3. Katera XT

Bowtech:
    1. Guardian
    2. General

Diamond:
    1. Black Ice

Matthews:
    1. Drenalin
    2. Switchback

If you can afford those, then you'll be fine. Go shoot them each, and see which one feels the best for you. If you are looking for a heavy bow, look into the Hoyts...if you want a light bow, look at the Black Ice or the Drenalin. The Bowtechs are just cool, so check those out too! hehe. Good luck!

3. jetshowell

jetshowell Member

if i were to buy a new bow i would get a hoyt vectrix 08

4. BowTechArch

BowTechArch Senior Member

Bowtech 82nd Airborne...

:rockon: :amen:

5. RunMich

RunMich Junior Member

Just make sure its a recurve !!!!!

6. MoSkeeter0311

MoSkeeter0311 New Member

By your name it sounds as if you might be youthful or vertically challenged. If so that would change the type of bow to be recommended. Let us know and there will be more "suggestions" than you can think. Best bet is to go to the local Pro shopS (Emphasis on the plural) and see what they have and test fire as many as you can. Most bows made now days are good and the guys at the shops will explain each and what the differences in prices are for. After shooting a few let the bow pick you out. You'll know which feels the best to you. Good Luck and welcome to the site.:welcome: :welcome:

7. littlebowhunter

littlebowhunter Junior Member

I am a teenager and i am shooting a Hoyt Ultra Sport right now and i got it because i needed a very adjustible bow for my first bow. But no i can pull back a lot more wait and i am looking to by the best on the market between Hoyt and Bowtech...and by the way i have been going to the local pro shop witch is owned by the administrator of this website and he is a family friend but i wanted to know what everyone on the site was prefering to bye.

8. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Hmmm

I would choose for hunting.
    1: PSE-Mossyoak-X
    2: Diamond-Black Ice
    3: Browning-Marage
    4: Bowtech-Guardian
    5: Mathews-XT

Thats it.:D

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Is Chris as cool in person as he is here???

MATHEWS Switchback XT

10. swintj1

swintj1 Senior Member

Since you are already a Hoyt guy, I'd recommend staying with them. The extra weight of the HOYTs truly makes them an easier bow to aim. You use your big muscles to control the bow rather than small muscles like your wrists. This will help you be more stable and shoot more accurately. Check out the following...

ACCURACY:
    08' Vectrix Plus
    Katera XL
    Seven 37

SPEED:
    Katera XT

Between these 4, I reassure you that you will find one that fits you perfectly. Try the Z3 cam, but don't get discouraged if you don't like the feel of it...the Cam 1/2 system is a great system also, and feels a little better in my opinion. Good Luck!

11. Daniel Boone

Daniel Boone Senior Member

Mathews Drenalin

I love the accuracy of this bow.

12. pilot

pilot Senior Member

I recently got on the Bowtech bandwagon.....Guardian and General are two of the best bows i have ever shot and I would buy either of them depending on the deal i was getting but the Tribute is really nice too.

13. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

:welcome: to the forum glad to have you with us.

If you already have a bow to hunt with I would wait until Jan. After all the new bows come out then go shoot them all and let the bow pick me. You will know which one is for you. For me it was the Mathews SB XT.

My list of bows by brand are:

Hoyt--Vectrix
    Bowtech--Tribute
    PSE--Diablo
    Mathews--SB XT
    Bear--Truth

Just a few I would take a good look at. Good luck and have fun.:peace: