The game of 3D requires practice. LOL

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Chris, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Well, I got humbled today. I shot my 2nd outdoor 3D of the year today and it was uuuggglllyyyy.

This place is normally a pretty tough course and I got my head handed to me. I think I am a fair shot but I learned today that you have to shoot this game fairly often or your yardage suffers. I bet your all saying, duh we knew that.

They have this shoot broken up 15 targets per side. I finally started coming around the second half. However the first target of the second half, I missed completely. I haven't done that in a long time. So I start off with a zero. :Cry:

I did decent the rest of the course. Started with a zero and shot 143 on the second 15 targets which I didn't think was too bad. Turn that zero into a 10 and I'm 3 up on 15 targets.

It was the first 15 that did me in. My first 3 shots were all 5's. I couldn't believe it.

Here's a lesson from me to you. If you want to shoot 3D and be decent at it. Practice shooting 3D and practice your yardage estimating. :frusty:

2. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

my yardage was good yesterday, just had a bad case of the lefts and rights!

3. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

Next Saturday is a big church shot. 25 targets and only hunting bows. So I am getting out my Bladerunner to practice with this week. I should be fun I have only used it once this year in 3D after I changed the sight from a TR V drive to a fixed TR Rino.

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

or get one of those new blue tooth range finder, like smokes has......:laugh:

5. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

Yardage guessitmation is key to the game and I have seen guys do this like an art form! But these are the guys that guess yardage on every thing they pass and are like hunters driving down the road at 50 mph and spot a deer off in the field on the right.

I agree.... Shooting 3D is all about practice, practice, practice... the more you do, the better you get. That's why I :censored: !!!! :biggrin1:

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I think HOYT is why you :censored:

:lol:

7. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

Go back and shoot that girl bow! :D

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

what my Genisis???

i love that thing....

9. BowhuntnHoosier