The things you see!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by tnts79, Sep 28, 2007.

1. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

I went out to do some final scouting before the big day, see the usual deer, couple small bucks. Well as I am driving around the section on my way back home, what do I see, 2 coyotes cruizing through the field about 200 yards from another one of my treestands. Looks like I just found a late season coyote stand! :rockon: :rockon: It's amazing the number of coyotes you see when you don't have your .308!

2. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

Where i hunt in mark twain forests the yotes are a dime a doz anymore sense they went in a couple yrs ago and done some logging.The other morning at 4:45am i walking to my stand there were some on the left of me raising heck and they were close enough i could hear their jaws make that poping noise.That was erie.

3. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

:scared: I say a coyote last sat. I think he saw us too. I saw a head just over the ridge and he was gone. I wonder if this is the one that ate part of my deer 2 weeks ago? I am not afraid to be alone in the woods at anytime, but coyotes freak me out a little:scared: :faint2: :scared:

4. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

I know what you mean...I've never heard of anyone ever being attacked but when their close enough that you can hear their jaws pop....makes you wonder.

5. Dens228

Dens228 Senior Member

When I was in Maine a couple of weeks ago I was told there were coyotes everywhere but I didn't see or hear a single one.

On the drive home we were on the cloverleaf on ramp from 294 to 290 and saw a coyote stalking something right in the middle at about 4:00 pm. Anyone not from the area should know the ground around there is about 99.9% concrete!

6. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

One of them little rat bastards come after me it's gonna be lights out for wonder mutt!:fencing: :boxing: I always carry my 9" knife when I hunt, ya never know.

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I have been dying to put the crosshairs of my .17hmr on one of them.......

of course the .308 would be just as much fun.....

killed a bunch w/the .223 and balistic tips, just not fun any more.....:biggrin1:

8. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

The .308 is a tiny bit much for coyotes...., i'm not one to take chances. If it's a hit its a kill 100% of the time! I have yet to get two with one bullet, I want to though. :rockon: 150 grains of love at 2800 fps does the trick. :sleep: forever mutt :lol: If I could line em up im sure I could bull 6 or 8 over like dominos!

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

dude a howitzer isnt too big for coyotes.......:laugh:

10. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

Had a pack outside of my tent last year about 50 yards away. My 45 never felt so good at night. They were making all kind of noise, and me son says dad I have to pee! I felt foolish holding a gun and light shining it into the weeds while he went. The sounds they can make just freak me out a little, not the howls but the rest of the sounds.

11. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

shoot them all!!!!!