ThermaCell review

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Ronhop, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

They work... :peace:

Ron

2. WOW i am going to run out right away and buy one, after reading that i cant afford not to :laugh:

3. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I had to keep that review short because somebody was knocking on my door...:laugh:

So, I bought one yesterday.

Last night around 8:30 I took it into the garage and waited for the damn blood suckers to show up. I read the directions and fired it up. In less than 15 minutes the mosquitoes were totally gone... I could not believe it. The thing gives off small whisps of smoke but it bascially does not smell like anything.

I'm going to get the 3 pack of refills for it the next time I'm across the river at GM...

Ron

4. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I need to try on of those. I went to check a trailcam yesterday afternoon and the mosquitos and deer flies were feasting on me. :doh:

5. chuck7413

chuck7413 Senior Member

I just used one on my family vacation in Maine. While fishing at dusk it really kept the mosqitoes away. I forgot it one night and the number of bugs was unbelievable. I give the Thermacell a thumbs up!

6. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I'm amazed at how well it works. I may get the holster as well since then I can hang it on my fanny pack.

Ron

7. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

I hear a lot of talk about hese things.

Whats the price?

How about the refills.

8. SinGin

SinGin Banned

Mine was about $20,00 bucks and worth every penny. Don't know about the refills though

9. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

$20,000 ??? WHo did you finance through ? Did you get a good rate ?:laugh:

Man, I only paid $24 for mine...:lol:

The refills are $20 for 3 butane tanks and I think 12 pads with the chemical on them... I think I saw the holster for $10, which actually looks pretty sturdy and holds extra supplies.

Oh, that was at GM... May be able to find them cheaper but with gas at $3+ a gallon I was not going to drive around pricing a $20-$25 item.

Ron

10. J.A.G.

J.A.G. Senior Member

I think it's great!

11. SinGin

SinGin Banned

I put on my Bass Pro card and after I pay the low monthly payments for the next 12 years thats about how much it will be

12. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

I've had great success using the Thermacell. There are places I would not hunt without one:cool:

Dan

13. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

:laugh:

I could not hold myself back...:laugh:

Ron

14. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Nothing else needs to be said.........sums it up perfectly.:peace:

15. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

That's what I thought but people are just trying to pump their post counts up... At least that's what I'm thinking... :laugh:

Ron

16. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

like who...........

17. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I dont need to pump mine up????.......

18. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

For all of you who know where a lot of the little blood suckers are. Please do a feild test for use. Try the Dryer sheets and report back. I know the 20 dollar gaget works but if the dryer sheet works just as good then would it not be cheaper to buy a box of 25 sheets for 2.50? Just hange 1 or 2 out of your back pocket. I love the new toys also but this works for those who have tryed it, and it pisses off your wife so be careful.

19. gmherps

gmherps Senior Member

other than the loud """"""CLICK""""""" when they fire up, I think they are the best sqiter killer out there.

20. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

:tape:

Ron