Thermal hog hunting

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by felchak, Jan 20, 2008.

1. felchak

felchak Junior Member

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

3. why:noidea:

4. maybe it should be in the off topic forum?:noidea:

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

night time hunting, with GUNS, and thermal scopes???

real sporting:bored: :bored: :bored:

6. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

You can put this in the same section of anything else that we debate about Fair Chase issues???? :tape:

If it is leagal... Than I don't have an issue with it. :noidea:

7. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

OK...........does'nt look like hunting more like killing. If its legal and you enjoy it then ok. But its just not for me.:noidea: :peace:

8. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

It's no different than shooting Fox or Coyotes at night with a spotlight?...:noidea:

9. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

One thing to remember Hoosier is that most States that have Hogs don't even have a season. You can kill them all year long at anytime of the day and night. Because they multiply so fast and do tremendous damage to the land they roam on..:noidea:

10. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

Have any of you ever had a night vision scope. They are cool, I had one on a AR15. Very cool tool. My camcorder will shoot in night vision mod also. I traded the scope at a gun show for a TC enore 44mag. Wish I had keep it.

11. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

They are worse than rats... and as sad as it seems, you need to get rid of them anyway possible. Do I like it... No! But, sometimes this is the only way to keep the population in check

12. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

man

that aint huntin, thats killin:doh:

13. I hope were not going to turn into another AT. If its hunting and its legal then I don't see the problem except that it may have been posted in the wrong section.

14. many would consider how many of us hunt as not hunting. Why, because we don't hunt like they do.

15. some say the same thing about tree stands, baiting, food plots, compound bows...... Get the idea?

16. SinGin

SinGin Banned

Looks like it was a "BLAST". Sign me up!!!

17. Hoyt1986

Hoyt1986 GIT R-DONE!!!!!!

THE only way to kill a hog!! If you dont have them on your place then you dont know how much of a HEADACHE they are!!! They can destroy EVERYTHING! The worst part about them is you spent countless hours getting all of your food plots ready for huntn season and then BAMMMMMMMM hags hit them and they look like someone set o bomb off in your plots!! IT REALLY SUCKS MAN!!!! :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: SO more powere to the ppl who do "thermal hog hutin" I wish i could do it on my place!!!!!:frusty:

18. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Keep in mind the MASSIVE amount of damage that these things do. If I was a farmer I would have no issue with people shooting these things whenever and wherever they are found.

19. Rattler

Rattler New Member

I speak from owning my own 700 acres...these things are SUPER destructive. The farmer that leases my land estiimates over 5K in lost crops and damages a year. So unless you have seen the destruction or deal with it personally...you would know that if you had the means of thermal hunting hogs that destroy your place you WOULD.

In fact I plan on doing night redspotlight hunting this weekend to help wear down on these :censored: