Think pleasant X thoughts!!

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by chelleo, Jun 5, 2008.

1. chelleo

chelleo Senior Member

Well, this Sunday the 8th of June are the California Senior Games in which I'm going to be attending. This event is the qualifying event for the National Senior Games in 2009 which will be here in California not far from where I live. We have a nice group of us (9) that are traveling down to the Pasadena area to compete and it should be a great trip. We have mostly recurve shooters but there are 4 of us that are compound shooters. Hubby might give it a shot but not sure yet.

Everyone think X's on Sunday hehehe and hopefully I'll get me a nice Gold medal. I just got a Gold about 3 weeks ago from the Sacramento Sr. Games so hopefully I can continue the trend.:peace:

We do the American 900 round and we only need 675 to qualify and I've been shooting the round at about 830 ish so I know I'll qualify.

Anyway....should be lots of fun and can't wait to get on the road Saturday to get down there and relax before the shoot on Sunday.

2. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

Good Luck, Shoot Straight!!

3. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

may your form be in scync and your arrows fly true.:peace:

4. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Good luck Chelle !

Ron

5. chelleo

chelleo Senior Member

Hopefully the trip will be uneventful except that we all come home with a medal. :D

6. J.C.

J.C. New Member

Good luck!

what's the format for the 900 round? distances, number of arrows, target face size, etc.

7. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

GOOD LUCK Chelleo, bring home the gold.:rockon:

8. chelleo

chelleo Senior Member

Gold it IS!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, a great time had by all and yes I did shoot well enough to score higher than the 2 other ladies in my group. I won over the silver medalist by 18 pts and I'll take it. I scored an 824 max is 900. Kind of on the hot side in the Los Angeles area but we had a shade canopy which helps tons.

The American 900 round is shot at 60, 50 and 40 yds. 5 ends of 6 arrows and you shoot the 122cm face. Some of the folks in the high age groups do pretty well. Five out of the 8 of us shooting got medals and all qualified except my poor hubby because he had his peep going nuts on him. He missed a bronze by 2 pts but that is the way the game goes.

We had a great time and today I'm barely awake since we got home after 3am and I had to get up at 7 to bring the van back and get to work.

Now it's time for me to start practicing my FITA distances for the next events since I have time now for the National Senior Games in 2009.

Thanks again for the good luck wishes:peace:

9. J.C.

J.C. New Member

congrats on the win and thanks for the info. sounds like a fun shoot.