This is a serious ?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by IChim2, Oct 4, 2007.

1. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

I want to start fletching my own arrows and i need opinions on a good fletching jig...plus..what glue do you recommend.I don't know if it matter's,but i use 4" easton vanes.I do my own work on my bows...so surely i can fletch my own arrows and not to mention that it would give me some self satisfaction doing it my self.I'll get the jig as soon as i get back home.One more thing...i only live an hour from outdoor world/cabel's.Thanks

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

bitzenburger.....for the good stuff....

arizona ez fletch for hunting arrows......

get good glue...it should be you most important investment.....

3. Werd

Werd Senior Member

umm i forget the name of the j i g. but its something good. Umm i use super glue when i do mine. i dont use a jig i just measure out cm 1/2 and put it there. lol. they fly alright. hope that helps. not muchtho. arnt u on my tourney team? if so we need to hurry and hit the boards.

4. Record Keeper

Record Keeper Member

The Arizona EZ Fletcher is quick and very easy to use...and costs around $45. You can use Bohning FletchTite glue or a deritave of superglue with the vanes you will be using.

5. IChim2

I want a good one for hunting arrows...You:help: me on this ? but not on the other.:p....thanks

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

who cares about camo???

you think the deer stand just out of range and decide weather you camo is good enough to walk in front of???

heck no they want to know that your fletchings are on straight.....:D

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

$45???

we must be thinking of different jigs.....

8. Scablands

Scablands Member

First choice would be the Bitz followed by Grayling for me. I use Saunders NPV for glue, not as fast as super glue, but will work on carbon, aluminum, wood or fiberglass and my Blazers don't come off even with a good helical twist.

9. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

I use a grayling jig with a shaft indexer on the end of the jig. I holds the shaft tighter. I use Goat tough glue but any CA glue works good. I use the jig for all my arrows.

10. IChim2

Thanks RK....Sounds like that will be the one..and the glue.I'll go to Cabela's 1st..not really a bass pro fan.

11. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

bitz is the best... and Ilove AEE fast set gel. the best I've ever used. I like it better than goat tuff and bohnings glues.. dont need to clean arrows either. and for 2 years havent had a fletch tear off.

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

o.k. my mistake, they are $45......I thought they were cheaper than that....

13. IChim2

Dang...how many are there.I'm not cheap...i just want one to do my own hunting arrows.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2007
  14. red44

red44 Senior Member

If I were to do it again I would get the Bitzenberger. I have a Grayling now. Not bad, but perhaps not the best. I use Fletchtight Platinim the most. Slow, yes. But I'm only fletching for me. Superglue if you need to make time.

15. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

tons of different ones........

16. IChim2

I'm glad i asked first before i went...i would had flipped out.

17. IChim2

I don't know what your temps have been...but it's been touching 90 here and will continue for a while:frusty:...I can't/won't stink up my area's from sweating like a pig.:cool:

18. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Bitz without a doubt. No questions asked and use nothing but GoatTuff glue.

Buy good in the beginning or you'll buy good later

19. olehemlock

olehemlock Senior Member

20. J.C.

J.C. New Member

With the amount of helical you like, I'd get a Bitzenberger. The E-Z Fletch is a good jig and very fast. I used one for years, but they aren't adjustable. You have to pick straight, offset or helical.