This is for all the bow fisher

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by QSA, Jul 22, 2007.

1. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

I am going to give it a try. I have one question about the set up. I got a AMS reel, wheel of fortune rest, arrow and saftey slide. How do you sight it in. If you shoot the fishing arrow into a target the hooks will stick.
    Help

2. j3dGuam

j3dGuam Senior Member

Make a target out of target foam in a shape of a fish and submerge with rope and weights in a pond about a foot deep. Take practice shots at it. It different shoting something on the surface as opposed to something submerged. You can either go instinctive or use one pin set a 10 yds.

p.s. Don't use your neighboor's swimming pool.

3. VE6WTF

VE6WTF Senior Member

AIM LOW!!!

Then aim a bit lower.. my only advice!

4. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

I know the aiming part. How do you set the sights, no know adjust. The fishing arrow weights a ton over carbin arrows. So after setting the nock point and rest, how do you set the sight? with a carbin arrow or fishing arrow?

5. j3dGuam

j3dGuam Senior Member

My bow fishing setup is a fishing only setup. Sight in with the Fishing arrow. I go instictive these days.

6. red44

red44 Senior Member

How about one of those $15 wally world syrofoam targets. About 8" thick. Should poke thru the other side. Untie the line and pull the arrow thru?. Just thinkin out loud.:noidea:

7. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

That's very good advice... The water refracts light and makes thing look 'above' where they actually are.

Ron

8. MO.HICK

MO.HICK Senior Member

Shoot instictive. Practice on the fish it will only take a few shots to get the hang of it. Sights just give you one more thing to think about. Sometimes you have to shoot quick and sights only get in the way. You will have a blast doing this and you will get hooked on it.

Mo.Hick