This may be a stupid ? but ill ask it anyway

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Southernfryedyankee, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Southernfryedyankee

Southernfryedyankee Senior Member

Can you use crazy glue to keep the string from turning within the release loop to keep my peep sight str8 at full draw. For some reason it keeps on turning my peep and I have to keep adjusting the string and loop to keep the peep str8.

2. I'm no expert but I dont think I would try the glue. I had that problem on my old martin, when I first went to a tubless peep. I had to put it in the press and twist the string and then get my loop set straight and tight.

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I have had the same issues in the past....you should be able tio "tune" the string to keep your peep straight......

4. two_shoes

two_shoes YOU! Get in my belly!

Press your bow and add or take out a half turn in your string the direction it needs to go. Do not use C/A (super glue) it will make that part of your string brittle!

5. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

I agree with the other responses, it would be best to put a twist in the string or take a twist out. Otherwise you will fight this forever.

6. Southernfryedyankee

Southernfryedyankee Senior Member

Its weird because it only happens after firing the bow a few times.

7. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

it also depends on what strings you have. If you got stock strings on it. You'll get that. String stretch can also do this. My vapor trails will creep for about 4-5 shots. Then I can set it.. and forget it... LOL ! also you might want to re-tie your loop and check your serving. Servings that wear, get loose. and then your loop will twist. cause it has seperated away from serving. and is now on the string. so, when you first tied it. It was on the serving... If that makes sense..

8. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

shurzs-a-peep

I changed to a shurz-a-peep,i us them on all my bow's now, no tubing,never a problem again.:biggrin1:

9. another thing to be sure of is when you put your peep in or had it put in, make sure that serving was tied above and below the peep. This will keep the peep from "walking" as you shoot. Might sound silly but I have seen this detail left out several times.

10. longcut36

longcut36 Senior Member

you might check the way the loop is tied on. one knot s/b opposite direction from the other one. i have always heard if they are the same direction it will cause the peep to turn. no I would not use super glue. have the string turned, tie loop on right shouldnt have any problems.

11. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Definately something to check if the knots are not correct it may cause this problem. And I agree super glue on string is a bad idea.:peace:

12. Allen

Allen Senior Member

I use a large pair of needle nose plyers to really tighten up my loop.

I got them at Harbor Freight for about $6. They are the 10" model.

Just insert the jaws into the loop and open the plyers as hard as you can.

It does two things - one it gets the loop very tight so it won't twist and it gives you confidence that it won't let go.

One of the companies makes a serving lock glue. It is an adhesive that stays flexible.