Thoughts on High Fence?????

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by Q!!, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Q!!

Q!! Sheep Camp Founder

Not looking for arguments just curious as to what folks opinions are here.

Please discuss quietly among yourselves.

2. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I have no problem with it at all. If it's legal in your state and you want to do it, go for it.

3. jkcerda

jkcerda the GOON squad POSEE

+2.
    as long as it's legal, go for it.:peace:

4. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

I don't know much about it...how big an area are we talking and do you run them to a corner to shoot them :laugh: :laugh:

5. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I prefer a squeeze chute........:peace:

6. markalbob

markalbob Everybody loves a clown..

I figure I might not do it, but if I wouldn't like anyone else telling ME how to hunt, I've got no business telling anyone else how to either, so long as they're within the law

7. Q!!

Q!! Sheep Camp Founder

Ditto!!!!!!!! I am not sure it would be my cup of tea, but for those that have done it or plan on doing it let er rip. I used to be a big ANTI against it, but have since had my eyes opned. I am in favor of all forms of legal hunting. I feel we have to stick together no matter what forms of hunting we do and no matter what methods we use.

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

:nod: :nod: :nod:

9. archer1983

archer1983 New Member

I'm with ya.

10. jkcerda

+5.:hug: :wave:

11. JC-XT

JC-XT Treestander

I'm not a big fan of them. I'm not saying people who hunt in them are wrong or shouldn't be allowed to do it, but for most situations I wish they didn't exist. High fences, outfitters, large scale leasing, etc...I think all of these things are changing hunting into more of a business operation and less of an enjoyable tradition. It seems too late to stop this trend at this point, but that doesn't mean I can't yearn for the good ol' days of hunting for food, fun, and camaraderie.

Sorry to break up the high fence group hug in here. Although I agree that if it's legal it should be supported, I can't say that I think they are good for hunting in general. :hug: :D

12. Illustrator

Illustrator Baaaa!!!!

If it's legal, and not shooting deer in a 2 acre pen, than I have no issues with it. Heck, even if the deer are in a 2 acre pen, and you decide to shoot (note, I didn't say "hunt") said deer, that's your moral issue to deal with...

13. jkcerda

JC- Illustrator.
    you girls crack me up.:hug: :lol:
    Nice avatar illustrator.

14. nebling

nebling SCP4L

When I first got into the hunting "forums", I was dead-set against them. I thought they were cheating, shooting fish in a barrel, etc, etc...

Since then, i have learned to open my eyes and ears to reason, and others views, opinions, and methods of hunting. I see that there are NUMEROUS reasons to HAVE to have a HF ranch, and I see some states that it's just the way it's always been done. I've never hunted one, but I have no problem if you do. It's just like us easterners treestand hunting Vs. westerners doing spot and stalk hunting. Different methods? yes! Still hunting legally? Yes!

All hunting is good if done legally!:peace: :D

15. jkcerda

+5:hug: :peace:

16. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

O

Well for Hogs ive done it on a 610acre high fence
    But for deer no i wouldnt, But to each his own.
    I dont think deer or elk and such should be pinned up
    just my 2 cents:noidea:
    Hogs is a different story for me there not native to my state.

17. JC-XT

JC-XT Treestander

ALWAYS been done? I'm curious when high fence hunting actually started...probably when someone found a way to make money off of it.

There are good and not so good reasons for building a high fence I guess, but I don't like what they have done to hunting in the grand scheme of things. I'm not saying they should be outlawed. Heck, I'm not even saying I wouldn't hunt in one someday. Maybe I'm a hypocrite, but I just wish they weren't around in a lot of the places they exist.

18. jkcerda

shhhh, dont give yourself away, let everyone else find out:lol: :tape:

19. JC-XT

JC-XT Treestander

I would say I'm more a realist than a hypocrite, in the sense that I realize that high fences, outfitters, and huge tracts of hunting leases are here to stay whether I like them or not.

My problem is that people in general are not able to control themselves very well and just don't know when to quit. That's the slippery slope of high fences, maybe a few places have legitimate reasons for being fenced...but just take a look to where it has led...people shooting deer, elk, etc in 2 acre pens and calling it hunting.

Look at leasing, it started with a few people trying to get exclusive hunting rights for safety and quality of hunting purposes, so now you have outfitters leasing up tens of thousands of acres of hunting ground in some areas and HUNDREDS of thousands of acres in other areas...which creates a shortage of land access for local residents to hunt, some of whom find other places to go, some hunt public ground, some quit hunting completely...something as hunters we should be very concerned about.

Everybody seems to only be worried about what's best for them today, I just think it's going to cause huge problems in the future.

20. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: