tie in a drop a way rest

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by sweet old bill, Aug 19, 2007.

1. sweet old bill

sweet old bill Member

What is the proper or correct way to tie in a drop a way rest ??? does it always go on the down side cable ???? do you just put the bow on a bow press and put the cord thru the cable and then tie overhand tie to the cable ????? I know this must sound like a stupid question but how else does one learn. Thanks in advance for your help and support of my education.

BIll now 65 and still finding I sure do not know a lot about this sport of ours called archery....

2. red44

red44 Senior Member

Couple different ways. Either pull it through the cable, melt the end to make a ball like you would on a d-loop, and serve above it to keep it from sliding up. Or, what I like, is to serve the area of the cable first and attatch it with same "knot" as a d-loop. If you have to do any cable twisting after you just rotate it and don't have to pull it out of the cable. Use a tied nock above it to keep it from sliding up.

3. Gary J

Gary J Member

That sounds a lot easier.

4. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

I like running it through my down cable and melt a little ball on the end(after i get it adjusted)and than serve top a bottom real tight.If you choose to do this way make sure you serve it tight above or the preasure at full draw will pull it up the cable.

5. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

I think I'm the only guy on the planet that uses the little "football" clamps....:doh:

6. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

Nope,my son does.