Time for some new arrows...

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Dredly, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

and I'm trying to decide what I want to shoot. More then likely I'll be shooting the same dozen for 3-d and Hunting but I don't care about camo color (would perfer black to be honest).

Cost is a HUGE concern.

I don't want to use gold tips, they don't stand up well enough and I'm ready for something new. I like Beman but they are heavy (9.3 gr / inch for the ICS)

So give me some suggestions, I'll be shooting these primarily out of my Old Glory and whatever hunting bow I pickup. Poundage is between 67 - 72 pounds and the arrow will be 29" long, I'm shooting a 30" draw.

suggestions? What is rugged enough to last through a season of 3d (and me missing) and still be good enough for some hunting?

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

CX maxima 350's........the only arrow that will be in my hunting quiver.....they work pretty good for 3-d also.....

for 3-D right now, its 3-d selects......but the shop I shoot for is a CX fan.....so thats what I use.....

what are you using now???

3. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Right now I'm shooting Goldtip 7595 at 29 inches. I think they are going in the 275 - 285 range but I haven't chronoed it. I'm down to 4 good arrows left which isn't nearly enough for the R100 so I need to order a new dozen but Gold Tips are to pricey and to weak

4. poorshot

poorshot Senior Member

Another vote for 350 Maxima

I started using CX Maxima 350's this year, and they are the best arrows I have ever shot.

5. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Ha,dreadly!

I shoot beman-ICS for target & hunting, There ICS HUNTERS-400's
    And there 8.2 grains per inch!:biggrin1:

6. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

I was shooting Beman 500's and just go my Carbon Force arrows. I love them. they are shooting 13 fps faster and my accuracy has improved and I haven't practiced hardly at all since I got them.:peace:

7. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

If you want a tuff and big bang for your buck arrow then I would suggest you take a look at Carbon Force X-Weaves. I am totally sold on them. But different strokes for different folks, good luck in your adventure of finding a new arrow.:peace:

8. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I think I'm going to go with the ICS Hunter 340's (I have a man's draw length :biggrin1: )

I've shot his out of my bow and they fly very nice, they are reasonably priced and they are strong as crap.

9. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

One of my buddies just got a dozen ICS Hunters and they are very well built. I'd never seen them before that. He chrono'd his old arrows (some junk) against the new ones and I think he said he picked up 10 fps.

Ron

10. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Cant go wrong!

For the price, ya cant beat them!
    Ive been shootem for 3 years now,but the new ones i just got with the vibra insert are even better!
    Make sure if you get them your not buying last years stock with the old inserts!
    The new ones have the Anti-vibration,rubber tipped insert!:biggrin1:

11. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

sounds good, my dad has been shooting the same dozen for 3+ years now. He even lost one last fall. found it a month ago and it is still shooting perfectly (the tip is rusted to hell though :) )

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

go ahead get the second best......I forgot you shoot bowtech, your used to second rate stuff.......:biggrin1: :peace: :peace: :tape:

13. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I also shoot Mathews w/ a SureLoc site... what are you trying to say? :noidea:

Basically its either I spend less on arrows that are still very good quality and go to the D100 or I spend 120.00 on expensive arrows and I don't go.

14. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

you need me to hook you up w/some.......???

I am here to help......even though you did not make it to my wedding....:mad:

15. rqthunter

rqthunter Member

Cabela's extreme stalker 55/70 are excellent and are made by Easton.
    Their website says the straightness factor is .005, but the box I purchased a few weeks ago says .002. The carbon hunters suck, but the extreme stalkers are good. I think the Easton axis are the best and are primarily what I shoot with, but I got the extreme stalkers to try out and plink with. Weight is only 7.9 gpi up to 70 lbs. I shoot a 27" arrow with a 29.5 inch draw to get some kickin' speed. I have a QAD dropaway rest which allows for a shorter arrow--as do others.

16. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Victory VForce V5. Check them out. Would be well worth the time....:rockon:

17. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

got a link?

18. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

19. tek

tek Senior Member

What about Easton Lightspeeds, the 340s should work good for both Hunting and 3Ding.

20. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

what do they run for a dozen???