tips for hunting standing corn

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by 8pointmuzzy, Sep 10, 2008.

1. 8pointmuzzy

8pointmuzzy New Member

Just wondering if anyone has any tips for hunting standing corn all the fields around my town are holding corn no beans.

2. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

Try to get on a good trail coming out of the corn to a water source. It's harder to get up with a deer when the corn is still up but if you can get between him and his water source he's gotta drink sometime...:noidea:

3. wildfan99

wildfan99 Sophia's dad

Or set up between bedding area & food

4. fstgstdsmpay

fstgstdsmpay Adam of Archery Outfitter

I set up along the nearest bedding areas to the corn. Thats really the only success I have had hunting standing corn. Also try and find a few main trails the deer are using to move in and out of the field, and get in between and water.

5. MagnifiedFur

MagnifiedFur Team 6

Bedding area..

I have done good hunting bedding areas in standing Corn...I like to find small stands of tree's or drainage lines.Sink holes are perfect ambush areas as well..The trick is getting there before the Deer do....Plan on getting there about 2 hrs before sunrise...Dont be surprised if they bed on the outskirts of these areas,they dont really need to go deep into these type of areas...

6. GRIZZ1148

GRIZZ1148 Archery fanatic

find a low spot leading into the corn, from good cover, and look for sign, I usually find the corn is eaten up on the edge where they are entering it.

7. ace7038

ace7038 New Member

Ride on the roof of the combine??????

I never did this, of course, as I am always driving it!;)

8. Dens228

Dens228 Senior Member

The two farms I hunt both have corn each year.
    When the corn is up I hardly see a deer, they tend to stay in the corn.
    Like everyone else said, I've find a trail leading to a water source.

9. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Thats my way. Find travel routes between food and bed and you will be all hooked up. I like tree lines myself.