to clicker or not ?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by spigarcher, Jun 16, 2008.

1. spigarcher

spigarcher New Member

Hi To one and all, a newby here so be gentle with me.. could I please ask your view on clickers..I know they are ment to give you greater consistancy.. but i've heared mixed views and am thinking of trying one out.. am not getting groups at 60/70/80/100 yards.. only pulling 38lb some of us ladies dont have big muscles..any advice would be welcom. thanks

2. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Some people love the clicker. Me personally, I want to be very honest in my shots and not cheat or rip the release. I prefer not to use a clicker.

3. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Never used one, I think they would make me flinch too much.:doh:

4. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

I bought a new release that had the clicker after using one without for some time. That click caused so much anxiety, that every time it clicked, I had to stop everything for a second and regain my composure before continuing the shot.

I would recommend trying it both ways for a reasonable period of time and seeing which works best for you.... :thumb:

5. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I was shooting next to a fella that was using a clicker..........he clicked and I punched right into the wood above my target.:frusty:

6. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

LOL....

If you can concentrate enough to prepare for the click and accept that it is going to happen and be a starting point, then I think a person will be fine. I'm so used to not having one, that I forget about it and when it clicks and tense up like a dog peeing on an electric fence.

7. GlowbugAng

GlowbugAng New Member

Just a question to clarify... are we talking about a "clicker" as on a recurve bow? Or are we talking about a "click" as on a hinge release?

8. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

LOL..... I don't really know for sure. I was talking about a back tension release myself. I may have been way off topic.... :doh:

9. GlowbugAng

GlowbugAng New Member

What made me question was the user name... Spig... referring to spigarelli? And with the distances she is shooting, makes me think she is prepping for FITA?

10. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Probably thinks we are a bunch of knuckleheads......:lol:

11. J.C.

J.C. New Member

yep, that's what I was thinking too.......:tape: :wave: :lol:

12. Brown Hornet

Brown Hornet New Member

That's because you weren't shooting the clicker correctly.

Once you get to full draw and settle in your anchor....you need to go STRAIGHT TO the click and start your shot from there:peace:

13. Brown Hornet

Brown Hornet New Member

That is what I was thinking also:D

14. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

I've never claimed to do anything right.....but I know how to shoot a clicker...:doh:

I posted this above.....

I know how to shoot a clicker, I've just been shooting without one for a while now and I'm used to not having one. If you like a click.....then shoot a click:rockon:

15. GlowbugAng

GlowbugAng New Member

My opinion...

FWIW... and assuming this is about a "click" on a hinge release.

my preference is NO to a click! I can draw back, anchor, aim and release just fine without that little click to indicate that the shot is about to happen. But it is all personal preference.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2008