to loop or not to loop!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by the contractor, Jun 4, 2008.

1. the contractor

the contractor New Member

Heard some one say that if your new you shouldnt worry about using a loop, to wait till you got some time under your belt . i dont get that, and it seems like theres some serious advantages to using one. also , i'm fixin to change peeps so maybe it should be one thing at a time

2. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I would use a loop if I were you.

3. Black Ice

Black Ice Black Ice

i agree with J.C :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

4. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

:noidea: I see no reason why a beginner shouldn't use a loop.

5. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Ha

If your new i would get someone to set up your bow like i do alot of beginners
    Just like a rifle by the time i hand it to them they can hit a paper plate at 30yds and never even used 1
    Tell the shop rig it up with all the components you want on it loop and all.
    dont add and re-add unless you've been shooting atleast 1 year.
    have someone that shoots work with you..
    If you were here id have you shooting like youve been shooting for years in about 4 hours.
    get with the right people..and :welcome: to the greatest sport in the world to me:welcome:

6. pred8er

pred8er He who eats fuzzy animals

Use a loop. Put everything on the bow you want on it at one time to avoid having to make multiple changes. It will save you time, money and aggravation.

7. the contractor

sounds like good advice from all to me. loop on! i bought my son and i both rigs last spring to be set for deer last year , when we went down to finally buy a bow we lucked out and this big ol pot belly dude that turned out to be an instructor overheard us talking and just jumped in and started showing us the basics. i only got that one day with him and what he said stuck with me pretty good, but as i go along questions come up, so thanks for the opinions and advice! i was probably gonna put a loop on anyway but now i dont guess i feel like a goober for doing it . with no loop can a release really shred a string over time? and do i have to compensate on the draw length?I shoot alot and i'm about sure that the string is broke in and stretched.

8. Dooby

Dooby Scooby Dooby Doo!

Depends on the type of release (e.g. caliper release vs. string release). I've heard people saying the wear can be significant for either release, but much worse for caliper release. That said, I haven't heard of anything shredding a string stupidly fast (like < 1000 shots).

Your draw length doesn't change, but your anchor point would.

9. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

ok

A rope release wont hurt your serveing at all but a metal caliper will wear it out over time..
    I use to shoot off the string all the time back.. in the day and i wore serveings out alot and replaced them..
    If you want to shoot off the string make sure you use atleast a fast-flight serveing on the string...NO MONO..it will break very quick.
    Before mentioned is right your draw length is allways your draw length..the loop increases the length to make your ancor point to be in a different position, Adjust your loop to fit a proper ancor for your self or you may need to shorten your draw by 1/2 inch to accomidate your proper ancor point.
    Hope this helps:biggrin1:

10. the contractor

i know i'll have to adjust anchor point but my release trigger is set out to my last finger joint , any thoughts on restting strap length shorter ?i kinda assumed t just go with what feels smooth and comfortable, but??

11. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I would say use a loop no matter if your a veteran or a beginner. Don't really see the down side to them.:noidea:

12. Relentless

Relentless Junior Member

where do people come up with some of this stuff?? not use a loop caus eyour a beginner...definately use a loop man.

13. jdawg240

jdawg240 BOWNUTS

14. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

TO LOOP or NOT TO LOOP.......

there are hardly any dis-advantages to USING a loop.....

NOT using a loop hase plenty of DIS-ADVANTAGES.......