to many non-posting members!

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by diamond-vic., Jul 6, 2007.

1. diamond-vic.

diamond-vic. Senior Member

so ther is over 3000 members registered who havent posted once!!! come on guys post up! dont worry bowman wont bite:biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1:

2. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

I post when I see something interesting, but Drenalin, Guardian, and Vectrix just doesn't interest me. Nor, at this time of year, do broadheads.

I'm not a bowhunter. I'm an archer who hunts with a bow.

3. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

We can talk about these if you want to...... (just wanted another reason to post these pics......:biggrin1: )

4. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Oops, didn't get the other one on there.....:peace:

5. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

JC

Is that a two piece riser? Kind of looks like it might be.

6. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Slippy for President!

3 pc.

Nice lookin bow JC.

7. chuck7413

chuck7413 Senior Member

I post.
    Not a lot, but I am here sometimes. :cool:

8. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Really, a 3 pc. How's the vibration. I shot one of the Alpines that is multi piece and it had quite a bit of vibratoin. That's a nice looking Martin though

9. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

I'll let you know when I get it.....:noidea:

This is the secret to affordable bows.... I've heard nothing but good things but I'll know myself when I launch an arrow or two..:biggrin1:

10. Doc Holliday

Never shot one. They do look good though. :thumb:

11. chelleo

chelleo Senior Member

Could you please let me the uninformed which bow that is please JC?

12. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

The blue one on top is a Martin Pantera. I bought my wife a Martin Leopard and it looks pretty much the same just downsized to fit a woman better.

The black one is a Martin Scepter IV. It is an "X" obliterator....:peace:

13. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

Ive got one of each. The S4 hasn't seen an arrow go out of it yet as I am having some cervical problems, but I have shot my Pantera extensively a couple months ago. All I can say is, you'd have to shoot one to believe how much bow you are getting for the buck. And I've had a lot of bows and spent a lot of bucks over the last 35 years.

For the record my Pantera has Nitrous X cams on it. So long as I can get the X system I will not own another bow with a cable guard. I know the MPro cam draws smoother given the same draw weight, but I can get similar speeds from the Nitrous while shooting 7 to 10 pounds less draw weight. At 27" draw, 53#, mine is getting 275 fps with my hunting arrows and 287 fps in 3D setup. Just about perfect for ASA.

And fellows, I'm pretty sure that riser is only two piece. Someone would have to show me where the bottom part is bolted on, because I sure can't see where.

14. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

I'm glad to hear the good review. I haven't received my Pantera yet, but I'm pretty excited to give it a good run. I was thinking the riser was 2 piece, but I wasn't sure....:peace:

15. Doc Holliday

16. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

17. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

We'll Git-R-Done!!:cool:

18. MO.HICK

MO.HICK Senior Member

I go in spurts on posting. By the way Bowmans new wife probably keeps him in check now.

Mo.Hick

19. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

'bout time somebody does!!!!!!!!

20. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

JC,

You don't have to check. I just removed my shelf guard, and I must appologize to you and Doc. It is a three piece riser. Sun of a gun. I'll tell ya, though, you can't tell just by looking.

Now it's really got me wondering if the upper and lower portions are the same as the Bengal with just a longer sight window section. Guess it's time to go on AT and ask JoelC.

It makes no difference to me. It's still one heck of a bow for the money.