Too much sun light!!!

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Rhustek, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Rhustek

Rhustek New Member

Just about every shoot I go to there is at least one target that I get a huge amount of glare and cannot see it through my peep and sight. Its usually when the sun is directly above or behind me and the target is usually in the shade.

I have a super peep but not a hooded one. Are the hooded ones worth using or should I just wear a hat? Is this why people carry umbrella's to competitions?

What do people do in this situations?

2. bbowhuntin

bbowhuntin New Member

A hat will fix the peep glare sometimes...but for the sight you can make a hood [visor like] out of a small peice of a cereal box and electrical tape...looks a little funny but works...give it a try..worked for me....just remember to take it off on rainy days...theres no glare then anyway..

3. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

At a fun shoot - move so I can see the target. :noidea:

4. fstgstdsmpay

fstgstdsmpay Adam of Archery Outfitter

Yep thats what the umbrella is for have someone block the sun for you

5. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Yeah like at the first bunch of targets atthe R100.... Man, that sun was brutal on the eyes. Messed with me bigtime.

Ron

6. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

I hear you Ron. Sat morning I was able to see well enough to take the shots, but yeah it was bad. Sunday morning I put one over top of a target because of the sun and that was it, I got to a black target and I literally could not find the target, bag it, I moved up 4 feet so I could see it. I wasn't going to waste another arrow because of that.

7. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Yeah I think JCM said he had to take the lens out of his scope to see....
    I didn't have my lens so I was just bothered about half as much as he was.... :frusty:

Ron

8. Captain19

Captain19 Grim Reaper of the Foam

I know the feeling...was like that the second day at the IBO worlds. All the stakes were out in the open with the sun beating right on you. The targets were in the heavy canopy covered woods, was alot of fun. But anyway you can use a business card and a rubber band on your scope as a shade. If you want a shade specialty archery has one that uses velcro so you can use it on any scope and it's 4 inches long so it works very well, easy to put on and take off with the velcro. It's around $10.00.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2008