Torquless Grips

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Wheely, May 27, 2007.

1. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

Have any of you every used the torqueless grips. Do they actually keep you from torqueing?

2. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

haven't used one or seen one in person :noidea: ...but I could probably use one...:Cry:

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

welcome back......they help encourage you to not torque the bow.....

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

you coulduse something.....I dont think its a grip....hey did you get your string on???:laugh:

5. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Almost...The bow made it to the workshop...:biggrin1:

6. Southernfryedyankee

Southernfryedyankee Senior Member

are you talking about the torqueless.com bow grips? If so I ordered one for my Bowtech and I love it, big difference it made. Just keep in mind the mediums have a large hump in the grip whereas the small have a str8 spine

7. chelleo

chelleo Senior Member

uH Bowman that was me that screwed up my string not Wheels hehe....She's not suffereing from old timers syndrom like I am.

8. chelleo

chelleo Senior Member

Wheels I think this fella that shoots at the shop I go to and it's really strange thing to see. It moves with your hand if that is what I'm thinking is a torqueless grip.

9. red44

red44 Senior Member

Chelleo, the one your thinking of is the Van Handle Death Grip, vanhandle.net
    Wheels, here are a few custom grip makers.
    www.torqueless.com
    Tronjo or Ron Hartl of Hartl's Custom Grips, can be contacted over on AT
    Gripwerks, mike@gripwerks.com, 508-867-5165, He uses some of the nicest birds-eye and tiger stripe maple you'll see.
    For many, the slimmer you get the grip the better. I use the Shrewds or shoot of the riser, and have made one from a walnut "blank" I got from tronjo. I'm not a fan of stock mathews grips. For me, slim is in. Just how much more do you want to beat everybody by anyway? :biggrin1:

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

acctually if you reread the post I was quoting Brokenarrow....not wheels....I was picking on him.....:biggrin1:

11. Scottyluck

Scottyluck Member

Torqueless is just a name. You can still torque it as easily as any other grip.
    However, because it's slimmer than a lot of stock grips, it does help reduce torque.
    The finish is very nice. But, I prefer the Hartl grip over the Torqueless. Also known as the Tronjo grip. That's his name over on ArcheryTalk.

It comes down to feel and which one you prefer. They can help but there is no guarantee.

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

what he said......I was trying to say that but didnt get it like Scottyluck did....:noidea:

13. Allen

Allen Senior Member

I put one of the www.torqueless.com grips on my Icon. It's way better than the Mathews original grip, but IMO it's not as good as the schrewd metal replacement grip.

However, it is a lot better looking.

14. chelleo

chelleo Senior Member

Oh my I just can't keep up with the who is picking on whom these days...guess I'll just go back in my corner...besides I still have to keep the dunce cap on till tomorrow when I bring my bow into the shop. I'm sure I"m gonna get the evil eye....:Cry:

15. red44

red44 Senior Member

16. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

Thanks for all the replies. I was told they are thin, but the Alpine grip was thin too and those who were involved in the Alpine conversations know I was torqueing the crap out of that thing. I will look into them, thanks:biggrin1:

17. red44

red44 Senior Member

Look at the top 4 target bows from Mathews. They either think thin is better or are just giving people what the've been asking for. :noidea: There's got to be something to it.

18. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I noticed in 5 spot league that there are quite a few people shooting without grips, right off the riser. And, if you look at the 2007 Bowtech's you'll see that the back of the "grip" is actually the riser. There are just 2 little side panels of wood screwed to the sides of the riser to make the "grip" area a little beefier.

I used to torque my '06 Allegiance a little left. I replaced grip with a Shrewd grip, which is much thinner, and my once in a while 'left' shots went away.

Coincidence ?

Only the Shadow knows...:noidea:

Ron

19. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

All of Mathews "target" bows, are shoot off of the riser "grip" design's

20. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I've not noticed that on the 2007 Mathews target bows. The grip on my '06 Ovation is really big and wide... I'm considering changing it because I like the Shrewd grip on the Alleginace so much.
    You have a bit older Apex, right ? How is that grip set up ?

Ron